Black screen when Kodi is activated
I have a macbook air 2011 model. Kodi was successfully downloaded but when I went into the video set up during a movie I selected an incompatible video that gave me a black screen. I cannot get out of it and even tried uninstalling Kodi and reinstall without success as the black screen appeared when I loaded Kodi. My question is how do I clean all files related to Kodi so that I can do a clean install?
From "Finder" pull down the "Go" menu.
Select "Go to folder".
Copy and paste this into the popup text box-
Code:
~/Library/Application Support/
Delete the folder named Kodi.
Also delete Kodi.app in the Applications folder.
This will completely remove everything related to Kodi and you can re-install from scratch.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2015-10-15, 15:40)wgstarks Wrote: From "Finder" pull down the "Go" menu.
Select "Go to folder".
Copy and paste this into the popup text box-
Code:
~/Library/Application Support/
Delete the folder named Kodi.
Also delete Kodi.app in the Applications folder.
This will completely remove everything related to Kodi and you can re-install from scratch.
I have tried what you have suggested but no luck. To get back into my MacBook I have to press the power off switch for 6 or so seconds and log back in.i might have to reinstall the OS, I think, to clean the slate so to speak. Thanks anyway, it's a pisser!!!
How did you uninstall Kodi.app the first time?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I did what you suggested, prior to that I tried on 3 occasions to delete and reinstall Kodi without any luck. Last evening I discovered that there were some hidden files on my system that had the full monty re Kodi, I deleted everything and voila! Success. I am now back to Kodi'ing, wooo hooo!!! I thank you for your assistance. If you like I'll replicate and send the process that I used to delete and reinstall KODI.

Thanks.
Yes. The files I told you to delete are all hidden. That's why I gave you the path to them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black screen when Kodi is activated0