v15 Live/Recorded TV slow
Community,

Straight to the point. Watching Live and recorded TV on my raspberry pi 2 is slow. Slow as in the video is playing in extremely slow motion. Yet, the audio is fine. I posted my issue over on the Media Portal forum and the suggested that I post on the Kodi forum. Reason being is that live and recorded TV works just fine using the Media Portal client.

-Streaming a movie from my Plex server over WiFi there are no issues.
-Watching Live and recorded video on my Note 4 using the Kodi app and WiFi there are no issues.

My setup:
  • Raspberry Pi 2
  • Original HD Homerun
  • Media Portal back-end
  • USB Wifi w/external antenna
  • Windows 10
  • MPEG-2 and VC-1 purchased

What am I overlooking? Is there a setting I need to configure? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
One thing to check would be to see what happens if you connect using a wired port to rule out any issue with the pi wifi.
Kodi 16.1 on main HTPC Win 7 64-bit, 8 GB RAM, Quad Core 2.4 Ghz
3 x Pi2 running Kodi 16.1 (OSMC)
TVHeadend PVR server providing Freeview HD and Freesat HD
(2015-10-16, 00:42)rlg6767 Wrote: One thing to check would be to see what happens if you connect using a wired port to rule out any issue with the pi wifi.

I haven't done what you suggested yet but I will. I did have the Pi no less than a foot away from the router and it still showed the same issue, slow live TV and recordings. Plus, I have zero issue streaming movies from my Plex server which would in my mind eliminate that it's an WiFi issue.

I just noticed something, the slowness is on two particular OTA HD TV channels CBS and NBC. Why is it that I can no issues streaming the channels on my Android phone?

*EDIT*

I just found out that my MPEG codec is disabled and learned that codecs are non-transferable. I was reusing the codecs from my decommissioned Pi 1. I purchased another set of codecs and I am now waiting for the keys. This hopefully is my issue.
I was about to suggest that you're maybe missing the MPEG-2 codec.
(2015-10-17, 07:55)negge Wrote: I was about to suggest that you're maybe missing the MPEG-2 codec.
Indeed, that's what my issue was all along. I'm now enjoying smooth streaming HD TV!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live/Recorded TV slow0