OS X OS X El Capitan Audio HD ?
Will it have audio hd in this new OS?
v16 will decode DTS-MA; current release decodes TrueHD; Kodi can decode to LPCM with no loss in quality, so it already does for TrueHD and will soon for DTS-MA.

i don't think OS X will ever support either format which are largely used only for blu ray and we know apple's position on that... but it doesn't matter anymore with kodi
So I can use the kodi 16, he will send HD audio to my onkyo? Even using OSX?
Deleted
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Did I do something wrong ?
it will if you are connected via hdmi and the onkyo supports multichannel pcm
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-10-16, 04:47)iorifly Wrote: So I can use the kodi 16, he will send HD audio to my onkyo? Even using OSX?

yes. but you decode DTS-MA/HD and TrueHD to LPCM (in the Kodi settings). no loss in quality and must be over HDMI.

--

is Kodi a "he", a "she", or an "it" ? Wink
Where is the Kodi setting for this this option to decide HD Audio to LPCM? I have looked everywhere and have not seen it.

I enabled passthough and my marantz still shows a dts audios stream for dts hd movie.

Thanks
Key is to disable passthrough and instead set speakerlayout to 7.1 - this is the preferred way to have audio for all other encoded 5.1 formats aswell. Amp will show PCM and the number of channels it gets.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Awesome!! So this will sound exactly the same as running in Windows?
Thanks again and really appreciable yiur help!!
I don't know how it should sound different. Its digital audio...
Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OS X El Capitan Audio HD ?0