Reduce default script shutdown time
(2015-10-18, 22:10)takoi Wrote: A better start would be to name those scrips and improve them. If we increased the kill time to say 60 seconds, maybe people would put more effort into and don't rely on it being killed. Just a thoughSmile

As an interim measure, what about increasing the timeout on master to 60 seconds but (for the purposes of testing) allow the existing 5 second timeout to be re-configured from as.xml, just in case anyone has a serious problem with the increased timeout.

Disabling the timeout for testers using master builds would help kick start the process of identifying problem add-ons, scripts etc., while still allowing the timeout to be re-enabled if necessary.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-10-19, 20:58)ronie Wrote:
(2015-10-19, 07:27)wyrm Wrote: @ronie, milhouse, certainly did not wish for the suggestion to become a witch hunt for lazy script writers
no worries, i didn't take it that way, at all

(2015-10-19, 07:27)wyrm Wrote: I'm really against the name and shame avenue on this
if there's a flaw in my code, i would certainly appreciate it if people would notify me about it.
i can't imagine other coders would think differently about it.
it's not a name/shame thing, it's helping eachother out and improving other peoples code.

if no one points out the issues the addon dev might not be aware of, then nothing gets fixed.

I dont think it is naming and shaming either.

Idea: what about a bot that reads all kodi logs on the forum and sends a PM or email to the addon maintainer if their addon shows up with the "XYZ took too long to shutdown, killing it now" type message?
that'd kill our forum server.
@Razze,

Thanks mate, Just got an update to what my log was showing as the worst offender. I noticed that you had posted an update to the script and now it would appear to be one of the quicker scripts to shutdown. Well done. As to the second worst offender, I went for a quick look thru its code and it would seem to be already using monitor.abortRequested() so probably just a lot going on in the script that needs wrapping up.

At any rate I'm not at the moment seeing any script take longer than 2 seconds to shut down, and things seem to be happening a fair bit quicker, so thank you for your work on this.

Also I like the suggestion of giving some sort of indication that something is at least happening, so will probably include dimming the screen down when the user hits the quit button.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Btw are all scripts shut down at once or are they processed one after another?

Like, shutdown script X.
Wait the 5 sec.
Kill script X.

Like, shutdown script Y.
Wait the 5 sec.
Kill script Y.

vs

Shutdown script X and script Y.
Wait 5 sec.
Kill them.
(2015-10-20, 09:26)Karnagious Wrote: Idea: what about a bot that reads all kodi logs on the forum and sends a PM or email to the addon maintainer if their addon shows up with the "XYZ took too long to shutdown, killing it now" type message?

What about a plugin that prevents people from uploading logs to the forum in the first place. That would be MUCH better as we really do not want the logs in our posts at all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reduce default script shutdown time0