Time to change from KodiBuntu?
I've been using X....err.... Kodi since 2003 when I found out you could create a media center from an Xbox. My friends were totally confused when I'd boot my xbox and have so many options at my fingertips. Around 2009 I jumped over to an Acer machine and read a LifeHacker article on how to create an X...Kodi machine. I upgraded to a better Acer Revo with 2 gigs RAM and finally an HP Stream.... yet I've stayed with KodiBuntu.

Why?

Should I be staying with Kodibunutu? I consider these machines to be dedicated media machines. I don't use them for anything other than listening to music, watching YouTube or streaming my media. What's the best set up for this?
(2015-10-17, 04:46)zlooo Wrote: I've been using X....err.... Kodi since 2003 when I found out you could create a media center from an Xbox. My friends were totally confused when I'd boot my xbox and have so many options at my fingertips. Around 2009 I jumped over to an Acer machine and read a LifeHacker article on how to create an X...Kodi machine. I upgraded to a better Acer Revo with 2 gigs RAM and finally an HP Stream.... yet I've stayed with KodiBuntu.

Why?

Should I be staying with Kodibunutu? I consider these machines to be dedicated media machines. I don't use them for anything other than listening to music, watching YouTube or streaming my media. What's the best set up for this?
There are tons of devices that act as an appliance with our beloved Kodi running on it.
I had the same need as you and choose to have an officially supported device such as the Wetek (core or play). Mx2 is another excellent example, but unsupported (and working great).
Ofcourse, if you need the extra power but could do without a full OS, you could load the x64 Openelec build on a NUC. Just a few options of many...
Which build of Kodi would I put on my machines to run the Openelec builds? Is there a guide tutorial on this. I might try doing this on my HP Stream today.
Nice, hadn't heard of the type before but a quick Google taught me its Intel x64 architecture.
So I guess backup your stuff and go to http://openelec.tv/get-openelec .
You will be needing a build from generic section.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Time to change from KodiBuntu?0