WIP SiO2-X - Jarvis
you can test the new adapted branch at

SIO2X_KODI16_Jarvis

feel free to test and feedback.
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
I just installed this on my Shield TV, looks great, some nice changes, much sharper looking compared to the version I was running.
3 things I have noticed so far.
RSS Ticker, it would be great if that could be positioned at the bottom instead of centre. Even with it disabled, it leave the lines the run above and below the ticker.

In Home Page Customiser, I can't add any items to the +Favourites or +Add-ons options. The +Script option works (I personally have no need for it though), but the other two do nothing when selecting them. I usually disable the Favourites launcher, and simply have the 5 items (Netflix, YouTube, Crackle and two folders) I wan't with their individual launch icons.

In TV View Mode, I can't select SiO2 mode, just SiO2-X. In Movies and within the actual TV Show folder I can select either, of which I prefer SiO2. Having the specifics of the shows text centre aligned in X mode seems a little odd.as there is usually not as much here as Movies.
(2015-10-27, 10:09)Hiphopopotamus Wrote: I just installed this on my Shield TV, looks great, some nice changes, much sharper looking compared to the version I was running.

Thanks! Which one were You running before this? You mean SiO2-X Isengard or Sio2?

(2015-10-27, 10:09)Hiphopopotamus Wrote: 3 things I have noticed so far.
RSS Ticker, it would be great if that could be positioned at the bottom instead of centre. Even with it disabled, it leave the lines the run above and below the ticker.

unfortunately the 2 lines are part of the design, I don't plan in get rid of them, since I like the division and the fact that the selector for shelf items seems to move on top of the higher line

(2015-10-27, 10:09)Hiphopopotamus Wrote: In Home Page Customiser, I can't add any items to the +Favourites or +Add-ons options. The +Script option works (I personally have no need for it though), but the other two do nothing when selecting them. I usually disable the Favourites launcher, and simply have the 5 items (Netflix, YouTube, Crackle and two folders) I wan't with their individual launch icons.

Do you have add ons installed and favorites selected? Works fine on my side.

(2015-10-27, 10:09)Hiphopopotamus Wrote: In TV View Mode, I can't select SiO2 mode, just SiO2-X. In Movies and within the actual TV Show folder I can select either, of which I prefer SiO2. Having the specifics of the shows text centre aligned in X mode seems a little odd.as there is usually not as much here as Movies.

Will try and make sio2 available here too.
Jarvis branch is developing, and in TvShows page, I'm trying to make navigation quicker, so views in TVShows are a work in progress

thanks for the feedbacks, and thanks for supporting SiO2-X !!
Image Image
(2015-10-27, 13:19)fastcolors Wrote: Thanks! Which one were You running before this? You mean SiO2-X Isengard or Sio2?

It must have been SiO2, screen shots below.

(2015-10-27, 13:19)fastcolors Wrote: unfortunately the 2 lines are part of the design, I don't plan in get rid of them, since I like the division and the fact that the selector for shelf items seems to move on top of the higher line

I will live.

(2015-10-27, 13:19)fastcolors Wrote: Do you have add ons installed and favorites selected? Works fine on my side.

Yes, I was setting up exactly as I had it prior, so I have set Netflix etc... as favourites and I have add ons. I will have a look at the files form the backup I took before system wipe and reinstall to see if I can see one that relates to what is what. This is why I have laptop on old version for testing.

(2015-10-27, 13:19)fastcolors Wrote: thanks for the feedbacks, and thanks for supporting SiO2-X !!

Thanks for creating this, it is a pleasure to use.

These screen shots are how I had it, but these are taken from my Mac laptop, so no real Netflix app etc..

While doing a video to show the issue with not being able to assign Favourites and Add-Ons, I managed to get Add-Ons to work. I tried the same process for Favourites, but still no go.
I just did a full reset and clean install on a Nexus Player, same story as the Shield, I can't assign favourites. I can on my Macbook, so it looks like something affecting Android devices.
(2015-10-30, 15:39)Hiphopopotamus Wrote: I just did a full reset and clean install on a Nexus Player, same story as the Shield, I can't assign favourites. I can on my Macbook, so it looks like something affecting Android devices.

could very well be a jarvis issue than... I'll check if there have been changes to the "behind the scene script", since it might not be fully working on Jarvis (the customizer relies heavily on a 3rd party addon)

bear with me.

Doing my best in juggling real life, solving Isengard related Issues, updating for Jarvis and all!!!
Thanks for the support!
Image Image
Is there a file in the skins folder or elsewhere that I can check on my laptop that is doing it correctly, where it gets written that X App gets set to favourite on the home screen? That way I can check that, paste it onto the Android devices and see if it works.

Real life comes first, always.
(2015-11-02, 08:21)Hiphopopotamus Wrote: Is there a file in the skins folder or elsewhere that I can check on my laptop that is doing it correctly, where it gets written that X App gets set to favourite on the home screen? That way I can check that, paste it onto the Android devices and see if it works.

Real life comes first, always.

in jarvis it should be

../userdata/addon_data/skin.sio2x/settings.xml

before jarvis

../userdata/guisettings.xml

where the user data folder is depends on the system, check HERE

keep me posted!
Image Image
It gets deeper.
I looked at both the current settings.xml for the Shield, and the /userdata/guisettings.xml for the macbook (it had no /userdata/addon_data/skin.sio2x/settings.xml)
I tried to manually alter the Shields skin.sio2x/settings.xml to include Netflix, as I saw it done in Macbooks, and Shield Isengard setup. it did not work.

So next I did a full delete and reinstall on the Macbook using the latest nightly build - kodi-20151102-8405118-master-x86_64, copied across advancedsettings.xml for MySQL and sources.xml files to populate immediately. I then installed SiO2-X, made two folders in my Movie section favourites as you can see below. I then tried to set them to the home screen, and again had the same problem. Again, Add-Ons and Script will work to set items to the home screen, but not Favourites, so it is not just an Android TV thing, it happens with a clean setup on OS X 10.10.5 as well.
I copied across the ./userdata/guisettings.xml from prior to the erase and reinstall (remember there was no /userdata/addon_data/skin.sio2x/settings.xml) and it made no difference, still not able to set favourites on Macbook as I had prior to clean setup.

If Windows didn't take me on average 3-4 hours of updates when I boot into it every 6 months or so, I would test a clean install on that too.

(2015-11-03, 14:47)Hiphopopotamus Wrote: It gets deeper.
I looked at both the current settings.xml for the Shield, and the /userdata/guisettings.xml for the macbook (it had no /userdata/addon_data/skin.sio2x/settings.xml)
I tried to manually alter the Shields skin.sio2x/settings.xml to include Netflix, as I saw it done in Macbooks, and Shield Isengard setup. it did not work.

So next I did a full delete and reinstall on the Macbook using the latest nightly build - kodi-20151102-8405118-master-x86_64, copied across advancedsettings.xml for MySQL and sources.xml files to populate immediately. I then installed SiO2-X, made two folders in my Movie section favourites as you can see below. I then tried to set them to the home screen, and again had the same problem. Again, Add-Ons and Script will work to set items to the home screen, but not Favourites, so it is not just an Android TV thing, it happens with a clean setup on OS X 10.10.5 as well.
I copied across the ./userdata/guisettings.xml from prior to the erase and reinstall (remember there was no /userdata/addon_data/skin.sio2x/settings.xml) and it made no difference, still not able to set favourites on Macbook as I had prior to clean setup.

If Windows didn't take me on average 3-4 hours of updates when I boot into it every 6 months or so, I would test a clean install on that too.

If there where non settings.xml in the folder it means you were using an old build since Jarvis stores settings there now.

If You switched to latest nightly You should now have settings.xml in /userdata/addon_data/skin.sio2x/

I'm using latest nightly too on 10.10 and 10.11 and on both systems everything works fine, I'm using mysql too with centralized databases...

can't really understand what the issue might be.

could you check if you have script.favourites installed?
Image Image
I believe this could be the problem

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2054964

not sure though.
Image Image
You got it, all solved, on all devices script.favourites was not installed, should this have come in with the skin, I hadn't manually added it before?

Also, settings.xml was there, I am an idiot I was looking in .kodi/addons/skin.sio2x-Jarvis.

Thanks for getting this working for me.

If it is alright with you, I will post some screen shots with ideas on cleaning up some items I consider issues with the current layouts.
(2015-11-04, 13:52)Hiphopopotamus Wrote: You got it, all solved, on all devices script.favourites was not installed, should this have come in with the skin, I hadn't manually added it before?

Also, settings.xml was there, I am an idiot I was looking in .kodi/addons/skin.sio2x-Jarvis.

Thanks for getting this working for me.

glad it worked out,

the script is a dependency so it should auto install, but only from repo... not if manually installed.

(2015-11-04, 13:52)Hiphopopotamus Wrote: If it is alright with you, I will post some screen shots with ideas on cleaning up some items I consider issues with the current layouts.

please do!
Image Image
Hi, I am trying to do two fresh installs using the latest nightly (v16 - 31st Dec), one on another Nvidia Shield TV, and the other on an iMac in both cases I can't get them installed.
If I try to install from zip, and use the zip downloaded form your link in the OP, I get an error on both devices

I have installed your repo via SuperRepo and it says there is nothing in there that I can install under Look and Feel

I have copied across the unzipped folder into the correct directory, nothing. I copied both folders from my existing installation on my first shield into the directory, again nothing. What am I doing wrong, or is there something wrong with the zip?

Edit:
I removed the repo and then installed again from here - http://fastcolors.net/Repo/repository.fastcolors/
Same story, the Skin folder is empty.

Edit 2: I did what I should have done first time and Googled the missing item "resource.uisounds.sio2x" which let me to http://fastcolors.net/Repo/jarvis/resour...nds.sio2x/
Installed that first, then the skin zip and now all good. A bit of a mess but got there in the end.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SiO2-X - Jarvis1