v15 Random artwork not so random.
Hi all.

I have a little bugbear.....

I use Aeon Nox MQ5 and have selected 'show random movie artwork' when viewing movies though only about 20 or so different images get dusplayed where as the collection is about 1200 strong.

Any ideas why and how to have it more random?

Thanks.
As you've suspected, this is more than likely a skin issue. Random in digital computers is an oxymoron and how the initialization of the seed is what gives you the illusion of randomness. Check if the fanart needs to be re-sized on display, a timeout delay might default to original start, or the image buffer has a limited amount of frames and doesn't pre-fetch. Have a look at your skin settings, it's possible that all the random artwork is being picked from one source or drive instead of a global fetch.I guess the author of the skin might be able to help you here.
I assume the skin in question is Aeon MQ5 (not sure of the relation to Nox). I am not the author, but I have been updating the skin to make it compatible with Kodi since Helix ver 14. Any way in the skin there is an option to display "collection fanarts" for movies. What this option does, is sets a Kodi "multiimage" control with "randomize" tag set on it for the home (main menu) window. The path for the multiimage is the add-on "artwork organizer" default save path for organized artwork (movie fanart) in the userdata\addon_data folder tree).

So you need make to sure you have run Artwork Organizer with the addon setting to organize movie fanart images. Once that is done the actual selection/display of the files is under control of Kodi implementation of the multiimage control. I have questioned myself at times how "random" random actually is (I assume it is running standard C function "rand" but not sure how the seed is selected or how the output of rand is used to select the actual image file).

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random artwork not so random.0