Update skin problem
Hi,

I still have this problem after each beta update, when the update has been downloaded, right after this the screen goes black (For very long time,
until I force close it through the TaskManager, restart Kodi, Confluence skin is loaded, and then install Titan again. Then I still have the black screen but after couple minutes the new version of Titan is loaded as should be.

Part from the log file which relate to this:
(It seems he has some problem with delete files when the skin is installed.

This is part of the log file which relates to the specific time after the update started:

Quote:12:48:51 T:8036 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file C:\Users\burekas\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\compat.py
12:48:51 T:8036 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file special://home/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/compat.py
12:48:52 T:8036 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file C:\Users\burekas\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\compat.py
12:48:52 T:8036 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file special://home/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/compat.py
12:48:52 T:8036 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[script.module.requests]: could not read addon description of special://home/addons/script.module.requests
12:48:52 T:8096 NOTICE: SKIN HELPER SERVICE --> shutdown requested !
12:48:52 T:8096 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> BackgroundsUpdater - stop called
12:48:52 T:8036 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file C:\Users\burekas\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\packages\script.skin.helper.service-0.0.35.zip
12:48:52 T:8036 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file special://home/addons/packages/script.skin.helper.service-0.0.35.zip
12:48:52 T:8096 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> HomeMonitor - stop called
12:48:53 T:8096 NOTICE: skin helper service version 0.0.35 stopped
12:48:53 T:7712 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
12:49:07 T:6888 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
12:49:07 T:6888 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file C:\Users\burekas\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\Utils.py
12:49:07 T:6888 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file special://home/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/Utils.py
12:49:07 T:6888 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file C:\Users\burekas\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\Utils.py
12:49:07 T:6888 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file special://home/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/Utils.py
12:49:07 T:6888 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[script.skin.helper.service]: could not read addon description of special://home/addons/script.skin.helper.service
12:49:08 T:6152 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
12:49:27 T:1152 NOTICE: Thread PVRGUIInfo start, auto delete: false
12:49:27 T:6436 NOTICE: EPG::CEpgContainer::Start - EPG thread started
12:49:27 T:6184 NOTICE: Thread EPGUpdater start, auto delete: false
12:49:29 T:6184 NOTICE: AddOnLog: PVR IPTV Simple Client: EPG Loaded.
12:51:34 T:8036 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file C:\Users\burekas\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.titan.beta\media\Textures.xbt
12:51:34 T:8036 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file special://home/addons/skin.titan.beta/media/Textures.xbt
12:51:34 T:8036 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file C:\Users\burekas\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.titan.beta\media\Textures.xbt
12:51:34 T:8036 ERROR: XFILE::CFile:Big Grinelete - Error deleting file special://home/addons/skin.titan.beta/media/Textures.xbt
12:51:34 T:8036 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.titan.beta]: could not read addon description of special://home/addons/skin.titan.beta
12:51:34 T:7172 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
12:51:35 T:7748 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
12:54:29 T:6184 NOTICE: AddOnLog: PVR IPTV Simple Client: EPG Loaded.
12:55:15 T:1832 ERROR: unable to load:C:\Users\burekas\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.titan.beta\1080i\Home.xml, Line 0
Failed to open file
12:55:15 T:1832 ERROR: Unable to activate the previous window
12:55:15 T:1832 ERROR: unable to load:C:\Users\burekas\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.titan.beta\1080i\Home.xml, Line 0
Failed to open file
Yeah. My Titan is all screwed up, especially after this last update.
@TheBlylers

I don't think we have the same problem.
My Titan is all OK.

This issue started very long time ago, I just decided to live with that, but it's a little annoying that for each update I'm doing all this process I mentioned,
instead of a regular update as it works with each other addon.
Here all the time the black screen forces me to restart kodi, going to the repo in order to install in again manually.
Every update seems to be that way with me as well.. and have to configure the settings to my liking each time. Just this update seems different.. in the fact that it does not let me add weather to the home menu (i use the all in one homescreen). It does get annoying but I always tell myself its the price to pay for using a beta version.
First, you can disable the automatic update in Kodi, then before each update make a backup file for all of your Titan Skin settings (This option is in Titan skin settings). So each time you have problem with the configuration after updating, upload it. (But it should not be a problem with the settings after updating)

But as I said, all my configuration is OK, the problem is only with the update process itself, and not something else.
(2015-10-17, 16:20)burekas Wrote: But as I said, all my configuration is OK, the problem is only with the update process itself, and not something else.
Have you ever tried to do a manual update from the Confluence skin and switch back to Titan afterward? This has served me well recently.
This is actually what is done.
Usually of course I'm using Titan, when the automatic update finished the download of the new version the screen goes black.
So after restart Kodi, I'm anyway in Confluence. Then I'm going to the repo and install it manually because the Titan is removed after restarting Kodi.

I just ask why I have this problem when I want to update the skin as normal like any other addon/skin.
Just try doing the next update while in Confluence and it should work out OK. I had the same issues with the black screen and installing from Confluence solves it for me at this time.
(2015-10-18, 18:24)mjbxx Wrote: Just try doing the next update while in Confluence and it should work out OK. I had the same issues with the black screen and installing from Confluence solves it for me at this time.
When I try to do that, I got "Installation failed" (even if I uninstall it before)
So only after restart kodi I'm able to install it to the updated version.

For some reason it seems that just if I do this process of:
1. Uninstallation of the Tiatn Beta skin.
2. Restarting Kodi with Confluence skin.
3. Installation of the Titan Beta skin.
It works.

I don't know why.
(2015-11-01, 23:48)burekas Wrote:
(2015-10-18, 18:24)mjbxx Wrote: Just try doing the next update while in Confluence and it should work out OK. I had the same issues with the black screen and installing from Confluence solves it for me at this time.
When I try to do that, I got "Installation failed" (even if I uninstall it before)
So only after restart kodi I'm able to install it to the updated version.

For some reason it seems that just if I do this process of:
1. Uninstallation of the Tiatn Beta skin.
2. Restarting Kodi with Confluence skin.
3. Installation of the Titan Beta skin.
It works.

I don't know why.
Not sure how you are actually updating but below shows how I update Titan BETA. FIRST: Make sure you set Auto update: to Notify by way of the sideblade. This way you ensure that you can manually update Titan BETA. Note: You'll have to manually update all of your addons going forward.

From Confluence→ System→ Settings→ Add-ons→ Select Available Updates→ Manually update Titan BETA and all related helpers→ Back out and select Appearance→ Go right and select Skin→ Scroll down and select Titan BETA→ Works 100% for me every time Titan BETA is updated.
This is exactly what I'm doing but after the "Manually update Titan" I got "Installation failed / Update Failed" (depends if I try to update or remove before update), so it force me to restart kodi and the do it again.
In that case you're too soon tring to update. The beta repo is a bit slow with indexing new files. So if you try to update when the files are not fully available this is what you get. The official Kodi repo is much better at handling new files and will only make them available if the content is fully synced.

Not really much to do about this other than be a little more patient ;-)
What do you mean? Titan Beta will be also on the official Kodi repo in the future?
Nope, the stable version of the skin is on Official Kodi repo, the beta version is on the Emby beta repo.
So why you said to be a little more patient?
After each update when I got the black screen I was giving him more then 10 minutes,
but as you see by the log attached, nothing happens even if I will wait entire day.

So for each update, I'm doing the "ugly" way as I wrote.

It seems that only me have this problem, so I don't think it relates to the repo or something like that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update skin problem0