OS X 'seeking' through videos takes a few seconds longer since Isengard.
Mac OS X EL Capitan; ever since updating to Isengard 15.0 seeking through videos with left/right arrow keys has taken an extra few seconds with each 'jump'.

I remember this happening before during an update of XBMC (as it was then) but can't rememeber how I fixed it. It may have been patched in an update.

Is this a known issue? Sounds like a tiny thing but the whole reason I use Kodi is because I like that I can quickly skip/seek through videos...

Also, while I'm posting, still can't quit Kodi without it 'crashing' and saying it 'quit unexpectedly' (this has been the case since around version 13....!) and also the YouTube plugin seems to have completely slowed down in the past few days.... Could all these things be related? I've tried updating to a developer build, and also a nightly build of 16.0 'Jarvis', as well as downgrading back to an older Isengard, but the problems persist....
It's part of the new seek steps (wiki) behavior, which can be adjusted.
Ahhh I seeee! Thanks, that had been bugging me for a while. Maybe it was introduced in a previous preview version or something when I had the issue before...

Any way to adjust the seek time for the up/down keys as well? Or does that require some code diving/editing of config text files?!
Hmmm, there should be no delay (at least not intentionally) for up/down skips.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'seeking' through videos takes a few seconds longer since Isengard.0