• 3(current)
Indexing and flagging offline removable DVD Video discs in the library database?
What is the status of this?

Forgive me for not knowing how these things usually work. I've read the posts and seen different ideas. My preference...

I'd love it if the database I've built with XBMC would ask me before removing items. I'm not concerned with using XBMC to catalog my entire collection of video, just catalog the video files I've scanned in. It does a fantastic job but when i back up a file and remove it from my server it's cleaned from my database. It would be great if XBMC gave me the option to keep the removed video in the database and just list the location as Offline, Backed up, Server 2, Disk #7, archive tape #3 or something like that. Friends could pick a movie and know were to look to find it.

How do we organize these ideas and present them to the developers? Perhaps this could be done with a script instead? I'm no programmer for sure. I just love my XBMC.
Again I too like this idea of having DVD's show in my library and a flag to show that its a DVD or ISO. Would be nifty if it could when you go to play the DVD, the drive could open out on your xbox and let you know its a DVD you selected on screen. Damn I really want to learn to code just don't know where to start with it. Huh
Lightbulb 
It would be very nice if there is an option to add movies you only have on DVD. Then I can use the library for ALL my movies. It's handy, because I can see the description of de DVD without finding the DVD and looking on the DVD case.Laugh
what I do for this is create a dummy file, say moviename.avi, then a thumbnail for it moviename.tbn, and I stamp a little disc icon in the bottom right hand corner of the thumbnail with photoshop. It's a little crude but until we get real offline library support it's a workable solution.
Smile 
Freddo Wrote:what I do for this is create a dummy file, say moviename.avi, then a thumbnail for it moviename.tbn, and I stamp a little disc icon in the bottom right hand corner of the thumbnail with photoshop. It's a little crude but until we get real offline library support it's a workable solution.

Haha, I also thought for something, but it is way too much work!
Question 
I really love the XBMC Features and skin, and wish it could replace the Vista MC.
BUT I'm missing a very important feature...
As a media Center user, I own lots of DVD's and HD titles on Discs (not on the hard-disk). and they are cataloged in an index album so I could locate ASAP.
I, and I think lots like me, Need DVD Collection feature, which will play video file from disc. And the most important would ask me to insert disc from index #.
Till now, that been done well by My Movies under VMC.

Please make it possible for XBMC.
yeah.. i want that feature, too.. please Wink
I would like to be able to see all my Video collection including off line stuff such as DVD's.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Cata...ake_files)
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Cata...ake_files)
Using the fake files information, you could then enter the index for the library in the plot summary and/or plot fields as additional text in the nfo file itself.

Something like
<plot>On Disk #2311 - And this is the plot of the movie</plot>

Depending on what skin and view you use for your collection, I add it to a field that isn't part of the sorting but shows up when you view the movie data without having to choose the movie information. (i.e. I wouldn't add it to genre, title, date.. etc, as those are fields you can sort / filter by)

Another way would be to create a flash movie that pulls the disk id from a file in the same folder (that way you could use the same flash movie, and just change the text for each movie). Then when you play it, it say's something like "Insert disk #"
In case someone does not know My Movies is free movie management tool available in 10 languages: http://www.mymovies.dk

Current XBMC support for My movies is through scraper (thanks to ultrabrutal) and it works fine for online DVD titles.

Now, I read HOW-TO: Catalog and use lookups on your offline DVD/CD movie library (via fake files), but the problem is:

- it will scrape english covers and plots
- lacks support in XBMC for offline DVD catalogue numbers

I prefer localized DVD covers and plots for many reasons and thus would like to continue using My Movies. It would help me and other MM users a lot, if XBMC could also import and show DVD offline numbers (library database field: online/cat.number) from MM database (xml).

My Movies got very large DVD database and the owner (Brian) always gladly supported different clients.

-----
Finally I would like to thank everybody involved in developing and maintaining XBMC, which I discovered only recently. Now, I use win media center for TV recordings only. Please consider putting MediaStream / Horizonz / Aeon skins in installation package, as this would get more people to XBMC. Many of them are judging XBMC by PM3 screenshots.
-----
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Question 
OK, let me put it in different wording:

- Is XBMC going to have any offline content support at all?
- Is there (or is it planned) a tool which I can use to modify library?
- What is a supported way of getting localized DVD titles and plots to XBMC?

Thanks in advance for any hint.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

- if you/somebody code it up
- if you/somebody create it
- yes, of course. you have french, spanish, russian, polish, german (i guess most interesting for you; czech) and some more i cannot recall scrapers.
spiff Wrote:- if you/somebody code it up
- if you/somebody create it
- yes, of course. you have french, spanish, russian, polish, german (i guess most interesting for you; czech) and some more i cannot recall scrapers.

Hi spiff, thanks for a swift answer.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Indexing and flagging offline removable DVD Video discs in the library database?1