Problem with Timer
I am having trouble with scheduling timers to record past the scheduled end time. I have a couple of shows scheduled on Sunday nights that I schedule long to accommodate football overruns. Every week it records a different length. Last week it recorded only 15 minutes past the scheduled start and last night it didn't even record the regular scheduled length, much less the 60 minute overrun I wanted. I have the show set to weekly, anytime. It does the same if I set it to any day, anytime. If I go into the media portal TV server configuration, on the scheduled tab it shows the overrun. If you look at Kodi's timers, it doesn't show any overtime scheduled at all. On the rest of the shows, when I scheduled the 1 minute before and after, that works fine. Just the long overages. I have another show I schedule 30 minutes over , and that doesn't work either. What am I doing wrong? This is basic DVR stuff. You should be able to set it and forget it.
MediaPortal is handing the recording, once it is scheduled. Therefore if it shows up in MP TV server config correctly, it really should work.

Try setting the same schedule in MediaPortal. See if that works (and does it show the same?).

Maybe there is a limit to how long this can work for. Perhaps it is working on the basis of an hour, and thinks +45 minutes is -15 minutes (if you see what I mean). Of course, this is just speculation.

I'd try 10 minutes, then 20 minutes, etc. and see where it breaks.
Yes, I'll play with it some. I thought maybe someone had seen this before. I'm also wondering if making the media portal length longer will do anything. It still bugs me that when you do schedule long, Kodi doesn't show it when you list your timers, only the epg time. I think that fact has something to do with the problem.. I'll see if I can come up with a pattern.
Ok, I scheduled a recording this morning for a 60 minute overrun. It recorded the show, then stopped at 1:10. When I saw that it had stopped, I went into media portal and increased the overrun time on the recording tab. Just after I changed it, the show started recording again. So it looks like media portal needs to be set to the maximums you want. Even tho it had it shown the overrun on the scheduled tab, it stopped before it got there. Funny, it is random length and not stopping at the same amount. I'll play with it further and see what happen.
(2015-10-19, 17:46)fishersman Wrote: Ok, I scheduled a recording this morning for a 60 minute overrun. It recorded the show, then stopped at 1:10. When I saw that it had stopped, I went into media portal and increased the overrun time on the recording tab. Just after I changed it, the show started recording again. So it looks like media portal needs to be set to the maximums you want. Even tho it had it shown the overrun on the scheduled tab, it stopped before it got there. Funny, it is random length and not stopping at the same amount. I'll play with it further and see what happen.

Sorry to say, the above is actually not what is happening. The reason the recording restarted was the PC was awake again. Kodi had shut the PC down 10 minutes after the EPG scheduled end of the recording. I was able to duplicate this a few times. I looked at windows event logs and the machine goes into hibernation during the extended time of the recording. I had power saving set for 5 minutes in Kodi. When I turned that off, everything worked fine except I have media portal set not to turn off. But that doesn't explain why it shuts off after 10 minutes and not the 5 I had scheduled. If I have the show set to stop at the EPG scheduled time, Kodi shuts it down 5 minutes after the recording stops. If the recording is running long, it waits 10 minutes and kills the recording. Where is the 10 minutes coming from? Is there some sort of default? This again goes back to the fact that you do not see scheduled overruns in Kodi, only the back end. I suppose I can use medial portals power scheduler to shut down, but if I use the pc for something besides Kodi, it shuts me down too. When I ran media center, I let windows do the sleep shutdown but since I installed Kodi, it never goes idle for some reason. I am going to continue to test and see if I can come up with something.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with Timer0