Kodi Android, NPVR Live TV
Hey All:

I've got NPVR/Kodi running perfectly on my HTPC. I've added Kodi to my Galaxy Tab S, and set up the PVR/NPVR plugins. On the local (N) network I'm able to start the live TV stream from NPVR, but it's obviously too large for my tablet and network to handle. It stops and starts constantly and won't even use up its buffer correctly.

I suspect that I need to convince Kodi on my tablet to grab the transcoded stream that NPVR can put out. I know that I can access a transcoded version of the stream via VLC; is there any way to do it via Kodi?

Thanks for your help

--Databoy2k
NextPVR always delivers the full unmodified stream from the device. It has no functionality to transcode it to a smaller version to kodi.
Ok. So then it seems like my options are to change backends or to tie VLC into Kodi and use that to get the smaller streams, right? If changing backends, can you (or anyone) recommend one that works well for this purpose?
Sorry, I'm not sure if any other backends do this type of on-the-fly server side transcoding of streams either. Most of them do the same thing as NextPVR and deliver the full stream.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Android, NPVR Live TV0