Apple remote stop working after 26h
i have got a odd problem, after i update my mac to El Capitan, my apple remote stop working after 24-26 hours.
kodi working if i use my trackpad or keyboard so the program has not freeze.
Its does not matter if i restart kodi, the remote dosent work. If i restart the computer its working 24-26 hours.

i have restored my mac to a older snapshot and its working better but not 100%

Is it someone else who has experienced similar problems?

kodi 15.1
its been working now a few days.

i did this.

Pairing your remote with your Mac:
1.Log in on your Mac as an Admin user.
2.Get very close to your Mac (about 3 or 4 inches away).
3.Point the remote at the infrared sensor on the front of your Mac.
4.Press and hold the Menu and Next/Fast-forward buttons simultaneously on the remote for 5 seconds.
5.Your Apple Remote is now paired with your computer. You should see a chain-link style lock appear in the center of your screen for a moment.
Not sure if I've encountered the same problem or found a potential solution but I'm testing it. My situation is that Kodi on my Mac Mini will just randomly stop responding to my Harmony Ultimate One universal remote, and start again after a little while. I know the remote works with other devices, and I know the Mac itself works by remoting in to it and being able to control Kodi with a mouse and keyboard.

I shut down Kodi and downloaded a free Remote Control Diagnostics app from https://www.iospirit.com/labs/remotecontroldiagnostics/. This app told me XBMCHelper was using the IR port exclusively (as expected, since Kodi lets me launch it from the OS using the remote) but also:

The IR Receiver USB device is used by Google Chrome (PID 11079)
An application is accessing the IR Receiver USB device via an IOUSBDeviceUserClient. Depending on what it is doing, this may keep macOS and applications from receiving Apple® Remote button presses. The application is located at /Applications/Google Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google Chrome.​

Sure enough, Chrome was running in the background. I'm not sure why Google Chrome wants to use the IR receiver, but when I shut it down and shut down the XBMCHelper process, then rechecked with the app, I got green diagnostics across the board. I've now restarted Kodi and left Chrome shut down. I'll continue to test this over the next few days and see if I get any more interruptions on my remote.
The IR Receiver USB interface is used by IOUSBInterfaceUserClientV3
An unknown driver class is accessing the USB interface of the IR Receiver.

What am I supposed to do with that little nugget of information?  Ha!
(2022-11-05, 18:51)kadeschs Wrote: What am I supposed to do with that little nugget of information?  Ha!

The question perhaps is: why are you responding to a forum thread from the year 2015 / 2017 .. ?
Because I have this exact problem in 2022?
(2022-11-05, 18:51)kadeschs Wrote: The IR Receiver USB interface is used by IOUSBInterfaceUserClientV3
An unknown driver class is accessing the USB interface of the IR Receiver.

What am I supposed to do with that little nugget of information?  Ha!

I would try killing that process in Activity Monitor.  If that doesn't work, find that file with unix find command, rename it with different extension if there is one, reboot, and try the remote again.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple remote stop working after 26h0