Putting Avi's on small dvd's
Question 
hey guys, just thought i'd let you know (u probably all knew this before anyway)

basically i had ripped the extras from beverly hill's cops 1 & 2 (each about 2gb's each) and hoped to put it on 1 dvd-r using a dvd lab menu to link to the animated menus of the individual sets of extras- but i just couldn't get it to work.

so was just gonna burn the extras on a dvd-r each but just to use up the spare 2gb's or so on each disc, decided to put thre avi-movies (each 700mb) in the audio_ts folders.

to my surprise nero burned them fine without flagging any errors- put them in the xbox (un modded with the dongle) and it loaded the dvd fine!!

then opened xbmc up (turned off autolaunch dvd) and navigated to the audio_ts folder and bam the avi's worked :d!

only prob was nero defaults to iso level 1 for dvd's (not sure if this is a prerequisite for dvd complaince) so the avi's names have been cropped to 8 charcter titles (+3 for file-type suffix)- and had i realised earlier i would have renamed them to something a bit better.

worked on my standalone dvd-player too.

hopefully others may find this useful- i assume you can dump anything you want in the audio_ts folder- e.g. music

i think you'd have disable autloanching of dvd's though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Putting Avi's on small dvd's0