Help when Team Kodi pulls an add-on
So I have a dependency in a skin add-on (<requires>) for an add-on which was part of the official Kodi repository. Apparently team Kodi pulled the add-on out of their repo. The problem is that broke the install for my add-ons. Well, OK, that's on me I get that. But how I found out is when users start complaining my add-on doesn't install. So I guess my first question, is there some way for devs to find out (mailing list or something) when something like this happens? Now the next problem is, I haven't studied this but apparently what happens is when Kodi 15.2 at least installs my repo, it marks my add-on as broken in Addons19. I guess as a result, when a user browses my repo the add-on never shows up unless they know to unselect the default "hide incompatible". Now even if I install the missing add-on from zip, my add-on still is showing as "incompatible". So my second question, is once an add-on is marked as broken/incompatible, is there some way to get to "unbreak" it in the database after manually installing the dependency?

This is really causing me support problems.

scott s.
Could you include the code from the missing addon into your own addon abd distribute it rhat way?

I'm new to this so it's not really an educated advice :-)
i'm guessing it a skin that relied on a subtitles add-on which is WRONG. A skin should never, ever rely on such add-ons.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-10-24, 17:15)Martijn Wrote: i'm guessing it a skin that relied on a subtitles add-on which is WRONG. A skin should never, ever rely on such add-ons.

Fair enough. Is there some guidance on what add-ons can be relied on? For example, I see skins that have required add-ons such as service.skin.widgets and script.artwork.downloader. Are those considered "trusted add-ons" that can be relied on?

In this case I guess in the past skin required script.xbmc.subtitles and after the change of subtitle handling in Gotham I'm guessing the skin author assumed that service.subtitles.opensubtitles was the "approved" successor (but I have no way of knowing).

scott s.
it's not a matter of 'approved'/'trusted' or not but rather if it makes sense to depend on such an addon in the skin.
i can't think of a reason why a skin requires a subtitle addon to be installed?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Do note we make a weighed decision if we remove something. We check possible impact and go from there.

For example removing widgets or artwork downloader would break a lot of skins so we first discuss with the skinners what to do.

In this case it was one skin for gotham....
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help when Team Kodi pulls an add-on0