Stutter and catchup
Same problem here. It started today after I installed the Windows 10 November Update.
(2015-10-30, 12:29)napgiver Wrote: Having the same problem. Whether it's streaming from use of an add-on or local file on the PC where Kodi is installed. Be it .avi, mp4, mkv, .ISO or VOB @480p, 720p or 1080p. Kodi 14.2 never had this problem. 15.0-15.2 plus all the RC in between, has had this stutter and catchup problem. When it does it is kinda random, at least me. It will do it anywhere from 2min's to 60min's into playing a video file. If I pause for about 5-10sec's, it will start and play fine again. It's happened as many as 2 time during a 22-24min TV episode.

I too, will be happy to try any test builds.

I am only seeing this problem (stutter then catch up a few minutes later) when playing a TV episode or a TV show recorded from Nextpvr.
These same TV shows play fine with other media players outside of Kodi.
I am willing and able to test a fix for this when it becomes available

Kodi 15.2
OS - Windows 7 x64
RAM - 6 Gig DDR3
GFX - NVIDIA video card (HDMO connected to 65" Samsung 1080p TV
UPDATE *****
When these same files are remuxed into an ISO image, they all play fine.
This problem is fixed in Jarvis.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2015-12-21, 21:29)brazen1 Wrote: This problem is fixed in Jarvis.

Brazen
Thanks for the quick reply but...
I tried Jarvis Beta 3 (using a laptop) and still had stutters, I will try Beta 4 and see.

By the way, now I am still seeing the stutter even after remixing the .ts file to an iso image Sad
When it stutters, I heard my hard drive churning as if there was excessive disc access
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=241763

Install latest Jarvis nightly.
Just tested known titles once more that USED to skip and playback is still perfect so newer builds still reflect the fix.

Maybe you have a different problem?
This fix was for transition of multiple m2ts files in certain titles (like Kingsman you mentioned) if you are using a 1:1 rip containing lots of .m2ts.
If not, start a new thread with proper debug log so devs can have a look.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Brazen, thanks again for your quick reply. but the m2ts issue is not my problem.
I use Nextpvr with a Ceton infinitv card to record TV shows in .ts file format.
If I play these shows using Kodi, most of the time they start to play and then start to stutter.
While it stutters, the playback stops for about 60 seconds, sometimes more (behaves as if system s hung)
Then all of a sudden the playback start playing again (real fast for a few seconds) then plays normally.
Its really annoying and stops me from fully enjoying Kodi. Kodi is what I want to use because its so versatile.

Now, if I play these same files using Windows Media player or Cyberlink PowerDVD, the files play fine with no issues.

PS
I have about 500 HD movies in ISO images and they all play fine with absolutely no issues.
Has this stuttering been resolved with any of the latest builds?

My setup:
Windows 10 pc
4GB ram
Intel i5 2400
Kodi 16.4
Nvidia GT 430

Ever since moving from Kodi 14, I get videos (most of mine are Blu Ray ISOs) that stutter where the frame goes black or pauses for a very quick moment and then the movie continues on just fine. Every so often I also get an audio cutout but that seems more scarce now that I have the latest nvidia driver.
@bigbwb if is the multi mt2s issue then yes it is fixed in v16 which is not out yet. There are two or three other stutters that people are seeing in different cases (for example what brochild is seeing). If you still see it with the nightly builds or if you wait for the final release the devs will need a copy of the debug log.
It's been doing it for me on erack's NHL GCL addon since the beginning of the season. HTPC(2 builds), Pi 1 & 2, AFTV, and that $*#$ing buggy G-Box Q.

So, instead of a shower during the 2nd intermission of this game, I'll be installing the latest nightly build of Jarvis.
For me,the various online fixes using adv. settings only varied the time between reboots. I've missed SO many goals. GW's too!

Cheers, HNY, and a BIG THANKS to those who make and keep Kodi working.
Whoever is responsible for fixing this wins in my book. I just watched my first glitch free period of a hockey game on Kodi.
I discovered Kodi near the end of Helix and had satellite.

Glass half full; I got good practice chasing this problem.
Glass half empty; I have a bunch of streaming boxes to sell.

Thanks a bunch!!!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stutter and catchup0