OSD will not disappear
(2015-11-08, 04:07)Tennyten Wrote: If anyone would like to try the recent Jarvis nightly it fixed the issue for me. Not sure what other problems lurk but it took care of that one!

Please us the Kodi alpha 4 instead and not the current nitghtlies as it will mark the skin as incompatible. I'm about to publish the 3.5 version to stable and after that a new 3.6 beta will arrise with full Jarvis support.
(2015-11-08, 04:09)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-11-08, 04:07)Tennyten Wrote: If anyone would like to try the recent Jarvis nightly it fixed the issue for me. Not sure what other problems lurk but it took care of that one!

Please us the Kodi alpha 4 instead and not the current nitghtlies as it will mark the skin as incompatible. I'm about to publish the 3.5 version to stable and after that a new 3.6 beta will arrise with full Jarvis support.

Switched to alpha 4 and problem is still neutralized. Cool
(2015-11-08, 04:22)Tennyten Wrote: Switched to alpha 4 and problem is still neutralized. Cool

Thanks for the tip!

Hopefully this will also work for @wheemer
I have osd autoshow to 0 and show OSD on pause and seek OFF and I still see the OSD hang and input from keyboard or remote is halted. Also the volume OSD didn't seem to show while adjusting volume during testing. Overall still very buggy for me.
I'm really sorry but I really cannot reproduce this issue. I have tried everything and with all kinds of devices, it's just working perfectly fine.
What type of content does this issue apply to ? Content from the library (local access) ? Addons? Live TV ?

Isn't this issue related to access to one of your disks ? If you pause your content long enough, there might be a chance that the disk goes in standby mode and unpausing needs to spin up the disk again.

You might want to try this with confluence skin for a little while to see if you can reproduce the issue with Confluence too. That way we can narrow down the cause to be a skin issue or Kodi issue.
(2015-11-08, 04:22)Tennyten Wrote:
(2015-11-08, 04:09)marcelveldt Wrote:

Switched to alpha 4 and problem is still neutralized. Cool

Spoke to soon. Undecided
Something changed and the OSD is finally working very well and adhering to the settings I chose.
This was just a tease as the problem is back again. All that I described already is still happening.

I think this is a windows 10 thing.
This was a problem with Kodis Vsync which obviously has serious issues.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=249793

I have not seen this problem ever since enabling Nvidias Vsync and disabling kodis.
Thanks for reporting back
It is such a relief to have such a fluid interface. Great work and thank you.
I was having this problem as well with titan skin. not sure if on others as well as never used them much as I was using titan on my pc and now have an android box. Anyway was looking for info on how to fix this and seen this post. Osd menu would stay up and could not do anything while it was. Seen info about vsync and so checked my kodi settings and it was set to use it only when playing video so what i think was happening is when you press pause etc it takes it out of vsync etc last night after reading this post i went in and changed the setting to always use it and so far the problem has gone away. I was or am also having a problem with when i start a video it comes up with the waiting spinner and that sometimes was taking a few mins to go away to. Since i changed this setting so far it has also stopped although I did do one other change to settings I kinda think this was the problem for both things.
Anyway thought I would let you know that that may help as well as apposed to using vid cards vsync since android boxes do not have a setting for that that i know of.
Awesome find! I am trying that now... I did notice that using the nvidia settings the image quality suffered slightly.

I hope this finally fixes everything.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSD will not disappear0