Add a shortcut to personal videos...why so difficult?
So...I've been looking through this forum and google:ed for an answer but haven't really found one.

I used XBMC when it was on the original Xbox, but haven't used it since, so I'm new at this.

Here's the problem.

Let's say my folder structure is:
A(Videos)
--------B(USA)
--------C(Stockholm)
--------D(Jukkasjärvi)

Now I can get shortcuts done for the individual B,C,D folders in the sub menu, but let's say i want to have A as the
main folder when I clock on it. So I want to be able to click on it and folder A, with it's content (B,C,D) appears, and I can from there choose which one I
want.

What I can manage now is: Clicking on it, it shows the file system where one can choose, "Movies, Tv Shows" etc and I have to then
choose: "Files, and then Folder A ", but what I want is to get directly to folder A.

To make this happen I go to the appearance settings and for the action I choose: Video Library - Source - Folder A.

I even tried with a smart playlist, and from there choose: "Path is: Folder A", but it goes to a Showcase list that only contains icons with only an " <--- "(it's an arrow btw...).

However if I choose the playlist to Folder B,C or D it works well.

Even tried with making that folder a favorite and use that...but to no avail.

Since these are personal videos they are not scanned in to the library with info, so hard to use nodes.

I use the Aeon Nox SiLVO skin.

Any ideas on how I can get this to work?
You can make a custom shortcut and fill it with ActivateWindow(Videos,PathToFolder,return)
*PathToFolder is the actual path like A:\Videos\

An example would be what I use to access my video podcasts and folders for my downloaded trailers:
ActivateWindow(Videos,B:\PodCasts\,return)

Also "Path is" will only be what is in the path.... B,C, or D are not so "Path contains" would probably work better.
Awesome! The Custom shortcut and "Path Contains" work like a charm.

Thanks a ton!

Two small questions.

When I have a Tv Shows tab, made with a playlist (with/without a specific genre) or favorites(to a specific folder),
the " i " button, or the option "Tv Show info" does not work. Kodi just hangs until I press escape and then everything is back to normal, however the info never came.
I have to go to the Kodi specific Tv SHow command to be able to get this to work.

And one more thing...if I have a show/movie that has been scraped wrong, how do I choose the correct show/movie manually?

I go to the " + " sign in the extended info, but it doesn't help.
#1 not enough info... What are the settings of the playlist and what do the shortcuts say? What settings do you have enabled for the Video info section?

#2 press the refresh button next to the + symbol
OK, so I've been playing around with this again, been a little busy so sorry for late reply.

I have the same settings on playlists for movies and series.

As an example, I have " Docs Nature Shows" with the setting Tv SHows - Path - Contains - "Path to the folder"

And I also have " Docs Movies " Movies - Path - Contains - "Path to the folder"

Pressing "i" in the " Docs Movies" works well, but in "Docs Nature" it just freezes until I press escape.

If I do this using the normal Kodi command "Tv SHows " pressing "i" works just fine.

Could the difference be that one has "Playlist movies" and the other " PLaylist Tv SHows"?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add a shortcut to personal videos...why so difficult?0