How to Install Update to Apple TV 2
Smile 
How do I install the new Kodi 15. to the Apple TV 2 ? I am currently running 14.0
Can I program it to do it automatically?
Thank you for your help.
http://kodi.tv/farewell-to-future-appletv2-development/
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
What other box will work with Kodi/XBMC? How can upgrade to the 14.2 ? Just curious it looks complicated, I think.
Do people really need newer features? Geeze, I just listen to music, play tv and movies. That's it. There are other Apps out there for things like Netflix (even on the same AppleTV), etc. I'm perfectly happy just running Eden on my old Gen 1 AppleTV for all I use it for save higher rate HD movies (Crystal HD solves that). Everyone in that thread is either putting down the AppleTV or saying they will now sell it. Why? Are you expecting full DTS-HD to work on it or something? What can't it do today that it could do yesterday for you? I watch tv shows and movies on a 720P Plasma in the living room with it (I'll get something newer for my projector downstairs once I get a better projector). As long as it can play non-Apple formats for me, I'm good. I play the Apple stuff with the Apple interface and use Airplay for other things and the Netflix player for that. What else do I need?

Ironically, FireCore just released a jailbreak for the final firmware for AppleTV 2 (tethered for the beta) so full Airplay functions, etc. now work along with the final features added to it before Apple stopped updating it. It's now more useful than it ever was before. Stability sounds like the worst thing. I'd rather have a stable Eden even than a flaky Isengard given my needs, but that's just me. Obviously, if you have 1080p or 4K you're going to want a different device.

The real question is whether Kodi will appear for the new 4th Gen ATV that does have API/App Store support and comes out in the next week or so. I don't know if any announcements have been made or not. I'm not sure how to search for it on here. I see nothing in the Mac area offhand.
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Install Update to Apple TV 20