Aeon Nox 5 Unable to build menu
Hello all,
I wonder if you clever folk can help me out as it’s probably a simple issue I'm overlooking....
I used XBMC many years ago on the original Xbox and have decided to try it on my PC as its features look excellent.
Anyway, I'm using the Aeon Nox 5 skin but when I try build my own personalised menus it always shows up with 'Unable to build menu'.
I've done a search but can only find one post that relates to the original Aeon Nox skin so apologies if the question is answered somewhere I’ve missed.
From my very basic knowledge of Kodi’s set up on the log it looks like there is an error with the skin shortcut script but as I said being a total newbie I’m not sure how to rectify this.
My log has been uploaded to here –

http://xbmclogs.com/pzxsdxrzk

Many thanks for looking
Sean
One of the shortcuts in your submenus doesn't have an action associated with it. If you want a shortcut without an action you need to set the action to "noop".

Technically it shouldn't be possible to set a shortcut like that when editing via the script, but this is the second report I've seen of this so I'll push a fix to Skin Shortcuts git later to fix the issue permanently.

Thanks for the bug report, and for taking the time to provide a debug log Smile
Thanks for the speedy reply Bob...
I am having the same issue, I was editing a submenu, and didn't put an action and now I am stuck. I cant go back and edit the submenu, nothing shows up when trying.
Is there a way to fix this?
I am using Aeon Nox Silvo
I presume you had the same error as I did that when you clicked on manage submenu it wouldn't do anything?? I reinstalled Kodi and then do as Bob said, make sure that there is an action associated with the shortcut and this solved the issue for me.
Please try installing the latest script.skinshortcuts from it's GitHub page.
(2015-10-23, 13:23)BobCratchett Wrote: One of the shortcuts in your submenus doesn't have an action associated with it. If you want a shortcut without an action you need to set the action to "noop".

Technically it shouldn't be possible to set a shortcut like that when editing via the script, but this is the second report I've seen of this so I'll push a fix to Skin Shortcuts git later to fix the issue permanently.

Thanks for the bug report, and for taking the time to provide a debug log Smile

Not sure if you just pushed out a fix but I am now getting the "Unable to build menu" message. My build has been working fiine since I built it 5 weeks ago. Each shortcut had an action. Any suggestions?
I am also getting the "unable to build menu" error. Please let me know if there is a fix for this. Just started today after an update. Thanks in advance, Lidoff
I have the same issue , it is probably a general problem
Bob hello ,
It looks like it is a general problem .
I am getting the following error :
SKIN SHORTCUTS ( the message title) :
Unable to build menu
Install Kodi Log Uploaded add-on to easy provide a debug log
I am also getting on the screen for a few seconds a few white lines running on the left upper corner .
An other problem which suddenly appeared is the fact that I cannot add anything to the SKIN SHORTCUTS sub-menu . All the submenu items are not shown at all on the sub-menu configuration page .

Could you please check it . Yesterday everything was fine and I didn't installed nothing since then .

It looks like something is going wrong with the skin .
Thnaks !
I have a similar problem with 'unable to build menu' error and have posted this issue else where. I apologise if I have highlighted this twice.

Even after installing the latest script shortcuts from Github referred to by mikesilvo164 above I keep getting the same error.

Debug log is http://xbmclogs.com/pe4gkawrt
I'm on holiday right now, so am simply not in a position to fix it. However, someone remembered to post a debug log in another thread (otherwise I wouldn't know the cause at this point - there's a reason the script prompts to upload a debug log, and that white text you see in the corner is Kodi's debug logging that the script has enabled to ensure the info needed is in the log Wink) so I at least know what the issue is so can tell you how to workaround it until I/someone else actually can fix it.

edit:- Thanks maverick1960 for uploading a debug log whilst I was typing that Smile
edit2:- I was just about to post in the Nox5 thread to thank the user there for posting a debug log, but I see that was you, too Wink

To workaround it, create a file called overrides.xml with the following contents:-

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<overrides />

in the 'shortcuts' subdirectory of the skin.aeon.nox.5 folder.

I'll also post in the skin shortcuts thread and see if there's anyone who can fix the bug before I return.
Hello Bob ,
Thank you for checking this issue .
I created the "override.xml" file and I copied it to the shortcuts folder .
It does not effect on my Kodi .
Anyway , please let me know where I can find the log file in order to upload my file as well .
I am attaching a screen shot how my "SKIN SHORTCUTS" looks . Don't worry about the strange letters arround ... it is in Hebrew .
http://oi64.tinypic.com/2iscd1j.jpg
Generally in the left side I am seeing the shortcuts that I use and on the right side the addons available.

What is your opinion ?
Thank you !
Marcelveldt has fixed the issue that maverick1960 reported on git - https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinshortcuts - if you still have issues with that version installed, post a link to a full debug log (wiki) in the Skin Shortcuts thread and it will be looked at as and when someone has time.
Many thanks Bob
I performed the script.shortcuts updated and it is working now properly .
Do you have any idea what may be the cause of this problem ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 5 Unable to build menu1