Android Kodi 15.2 on Android 6.0 - No Bluetooth Audio
When you're in a movie, try opening the audio setting via the osd and putting the volume down to zero and back up again. Do this a few times. Seemed very random but it worked on mine. Sometimes i pressed it up and down about 5-10 times and it just comes on. Odd. Can someone else try this?
I tried this. It works. It can take 20 times before it will work.

When I start a new file I have to do it again.
I'm having the same issue and chimed in at arkar's trac ticket w debug log.

Flipping volume up/down hasn't worked for me but double tapping pause/play has been effective. Sometimes it takes 20+ attempts and sometimes the audio only pops in for 1 second and disappears but with enough tapping I've been getting steady audio on my bt headphones. This has been working for me on kodi 16 and 16.1rc1.
I just purchased some wireless BT headphones so I could watch TV and videos in Kodi on my Nexus Player without waking up the wife. Wish I had known about this being an issue before I bought them. I hope this gets fixed soon. All of the other apps work fine (YouTube, HDHomeRun, Netflix, ES File Explorer Media Player, etc.).
Hi there!

My Bluetooth doesn't seem to with kodi after I upgraded to jarvis, Once I stream in an addon there is nothing I can hear. I had repaired it and rebooted a few times but I'm still stuck with this.

Hope somebody could help me.
I have this same problem and have tried:

Headphones:
Beats Studio Wireless
Bluedio Turbine
NoiseHush i9BT
Sony MDR-1RBTv2
Sony MDR-XB950BT
Sony MDR-ZX770BN
V-Moda Crossfade Wireless

Speakers:
Denon Envaya Mini
Lifetrons DrumBass III Deluxe Wireless
iLuv AudMini Smart 6
JBL Flip 3
Sony SRS-X33
Sony XDR-DS21BT (my bedside clock radio)
Soundmatters FoxL Dash 7
Soundmatters FoxL v2

Phones:
Oppo R7 Plus
Huawei Nexus 6P
LG G4

My workaround is to play the video for 1 second, pause, play for a further second, pause, play again and that time it should work. Sure you miss 3-4 seconds of your show but then it plays fine. It's very irritating and I'm hoping it can be fixed in the next Kodi.

I don't have this issue on my Windows laptop. It's definitely android specific.

I tried to post in the bug thread but couldn't login (kept giving me a token error)

So to recap, there are 4 workarounds so far:
1) Plugin the cable that came with your bluetooth device when you want to use Kodi
2) Turn the volume down to mute, then up again, repeatedly until your audio works.
3) Double tap play pause quickly and repeatedly until it works
4) Play for 1-2 seconds, pause for 1-2 seconds, play for 1-2 seconds, pause for 1-2 seconds, play (and it should work on the 3rd try)

Or you could just use another app, but that defeats the purpose of why we are all here. We want to use Kodi.
It works the same way on Android 5.0.2 (LG Gpad 8.3). Start-pause or Volume up/down works after 5-20 retries, but audio delay is awful. And strange is when pause is pressed there is continued audio stream for 2-5 seconds (looks like buffer-related issue).

Upd: 17.0-BETA1 Krypton is ok with bluetooth (except 1 sec lag), though sound delay settings doesn't work. And there is overall issue for freezing after playback position is set.
(2016-08-29, 22:04)DKTigra Wrote: It works the same way on Android 5.0.2 (LG Gpad 8.3). Start-pause or Volume up/down works after 5-20 retries, but audio delay is awful. And strange is when pause is pressed there is continued audio stream for 2-5 seconds (looks like buffer-related issue).

Upd: 17.0-BETA1 Krypton is ok with bluetooth (except 1 sec lag), though sound delay settings doesn't work. And there is overall issue for freezing after playback position is set.
Yey! Bluetooth audio is working again! Thanks for letting us know DK. You rock and so does the Kodi development team.
I came across this page after coming across bug report #16357. I am experiencing this problem as well, so I thought I would give you any information I can in hopes that you may be able to pinpoint the source of the issue and take care of it. I am running Kodi 16.1 on identical 64 bit ARM android boxes. I have had a number of these which were running on Android 5.1. While using Android 5.1 I have never experienced any issues listening to any content in Kodi with Bluetooth audio. It works perfectly fine with every Bluetooth audio device that I have ever tried it with. Recently I updated the ROM on a few of my systems to Android 6.0. Almost everything seems to be working just as it did on the boxes running Android 5.1, but I can't get the Bluetooth audio to work in Kodi.

I have tested this with multiple makes and models of Bluetooth audio devices and each time I have found that the Bluetooth works just fine with all the apps outside of Kodi, and when I open Kodi up I can hear the GUI sounds as I navigate through the menu's, but when I go to play a video of any sort or listen to music no audio comes through. If I sit there for a few minutes the audio does eventually start to come through, but if I skip forward or backward at all, hit fast forward or rewind, or hit pause and then play again the audio cuts out again, and comes back again in a few minutes. I have tested this on multiple boxes, and the issue is only present on the ones running Android 6.

I haven't tried updating to Krypton as of yet, but I will try that to see if it makes any difference. Please let me know if I can provide you with any more information.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 15.2 on Android 6.0 - No Bluetooth Audio1