Can u get kodi without jailbreaking?
Running it in the debugger via xcode also increases the cpu usage on the device...!
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I got this from the debug log.

17:05:01 T:1074409472 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Video: vtb - Opening
17:05:01 T:1074409472 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(/System/Library/Frameworks/VideoToolbox.framework/VideoToolbox)
17:05:01 T:1074409472 DEBUG: Loading: /System/Library/Frameworks/VideoToolbox.framework/VideoToolbox
17:05:01 T:1074409472 DEBUG: CreateFormatDescriptionFromCodecData - GetIOSVersion says >= 4.3
17:05:01 T:1074409472 NOTICE: Open - created avcC atom of size(40)
17:05:01 T:1074409472 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Video: vtb-h264 - Opened
17:05:01 T:1074409472 NOTICE: Creating video thread
I'm really hoping to install KODI on my non-jailbroken iPad Mini 4 running iOS 9.1. Jailbreaking is not an option (for me) on this device.
I've tried many things, but so far, no joy. I have a dev license, and tried extracting Memphiz' build (http://z.os6.org/xbmc/test-builds/darwin...s9-ios.deb) and re-signing it. It installs fine, but immediately crashes back to Springboard on launch. I've been unable to get through compiling my own version.

The same version works fine on my jailbroken iPhone 6 running iOS 9.02 (installed via Xcode or iFunbox).

Any help or insight would be appreciated
without any logs, speculation is useless Smile
Here's the relevant snippet of the Xcode crash log.

Dyld Message: Library not loaded: @executable_path/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib

In searching around, I found an old message from Memphiz that "the normal xcode signing is not enough for xbmc", so perhaps it's just not possible unless I make the entire build myself and allow Xcode to automagically sign everything. Anyone know for sure?
did you sign what is in Frameworks ?
No, I just resigned the ipa. I'm trying to figure out how to sign the dylibs individually, but so far haven't discovered how. If you (or anyone else) have any tips, they'd be much appreciated. In any case, thanks for your responses.
rename xxx.ipa to xxx.zip, unzip, sign, rezip.
That's exactly what I did. That signs the app, but not the Frameworks. I believe you're correct that the problem is that the dylibs in the Frameworks aren't signed, but I don't know how to sign them. You can tell Xcode to do that if you're compiling the app from source, but since I didn't create the build myself, I'm not sure how to go about it.
readme says how to build.
Yes, I've spent quite a bit of time trying it build it myself, but despite following the instructions carefully more than once, I've run into issues long before I even get to a point where I can build it. Unfortunately, it's starting to look like my only option.
Thanks for your efforts, I appreciate it.
in the Codesign.command script that Xcode runs
#this is the list of binaries we have to sign for being able to run un-jailbroken
LIST_BINARY_EXTENSIONS="dylib so 0 vis pvr"

echo Doing a full bundle sign using genuine identity "${CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY}"
for binext in $LIST_BINARY_EXTENSIONS
do
codesign -fvvv -s "${CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY}" -i org.xbmc.kodi-ios `find ${CODESIGNING_FOLDER_PATH} -name "*.$binext" -type f` ${CODESIGNING_FOLDER_PATH}
done
echo In case your app crashes with SIG_SIGN check the variable LIST_BINARY_EXTENSIONS in tools/darwin/Support/Codesign.command

this is just a standard bash script. you can extract out the bits and make your own bash script that does a full sign of the main app and all the related binaries.
That sounds very promising! I'll pursue that avenue and see how it goes.
Thanks much!
Yahoo! Yippee! and Thanks MrMC! That last bit of advice did the trick.

For anyone else trying to do this, I had to first sign the entire Kodi.app using the bash script , rezip it into a Payload folder, rename as .ipa, and then use iResign. After that, it was all gravy.
Hi

I managed to compile Kodi on Xcode 7.1 on Mac El Capitan for iPad iOS 9.02. At the last step when installing to iPad -XCode prompts with "Application code entitlements don't match Profile". I am using my Apple ID without a developer subscription.

Could anyone help me how to get around this problem?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can u get kodi without jailbreaking?0