X265
hello looking for a device or build a device capable of x265 hvec. While still being able to play 1080p 5.1 channel, and using kodi as fluent and smooth as a baby bottom.Angel
please help
Full Hardware Decoding of 4K/2K/1080p HEVC: with 23.976fps synced video output ....

nVIDIA Shield
Intel Braswell or Skylake microarchitecture = ASRock (Braswell) N3150 is good value
AMLogic S812-H = MINIX NEO X8-H Plus or the new WeTek Core
AMLogic S805 (1080p only), such as the C1+

There are probably more, but they will not give you silky smooth video playback you get with proper 23.976fps video output when your TV auto switches into its 24p movie mode.

which one would run the best the wetek core vs beebox which i found had the n3150 in it?
Or possible if you can use https://pcpartpicker.com/ to create one that is flawless to kodi that will play x265 1080p 5.1 channel, and using kodi as fluent and smooth as a baby bottom even possible 4k. again thank you for taking your time out of your busy schedule to read this.
Both the Beebox and WeTeK Core will easily do 4K HEVC at up to video output refresh rates of 30Hz. The Beebox will be a bit faster and give you 7.1 Audio Passthrough as well.

The WeTeK Core will be limited to 5.1 Audio out, but then you also get Android Apps like 24p 1080p Netflix and other streaming Apps and a nice responsive remote included in the package. If you playback mpeg2 DVD rips with interlaced content in .vob files do not get the Core. All AMLogic devices have problems with this one.

Both devices will have issues with playback of 29.97fps VC-1 content. It's not a big deal.

So it comes down to personal choice really. Build a device or Plug N Play.

Hello,

I am really interested as well as buying a Beebox N3150.

I will put OpenElec on it.

I currently have an ASrock ION 330 HT and am really happy with it though i cant play x265.

Thats my main reason for considering an upgrade.

Doez beebox support x265 flawless smooth playback and no overheating?

Maybe someone that already owns it can advise.

Thanks in advance
AIUI - 8 bit HEVC plays with hardware acceleration, 10 bit HEVC will fall back to software decoding in the CPU, which may not be as successful.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
X2650