.sub supported ?
I have some .sub and .idx files that are suppose to display subtitles for a movie but nothing is displayed.
Are they supported in kodi and how ? .srt are play fine

thank you
Yes, these are supported. Please enable debug logging in system settings and check your kodi.log for ERRORS.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
here it is

http://pastebin.com/uVYEsGAj

thanks for any assistance
For some reason the subtitle parser fails to read it. Since you're still running 14.2 and we just release 15.2, chances are high the issue is already fixed. Please upgrade and report back.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
yeah though so much.
since i don't have any other issue and i'm all for "if it ain't broke don't fix it" i will stay with 14.2 for the moment
Well, sure. It's up to you Wink
well, i took the big step, upgraded to el capitan and to 15.2
.sub are loading succesfully.
Well it happened again so i did some digging. It appears that the issue was with the filename.
i got the .sub with .en.sub as as name and the .idx was without .en.idx
I removed the .en from the filename and it worked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.sub supported ?0