VNSI & multiple tuners
Changing the priority is a working solution, but I wonder what would happen if I have 4 tuners, all recording and I try to watch a 5. channel?
In general recordings have higher prio than live tv. Lower prio does not interrupt higher ones.
I'm facing the same issue with 8 tuners. Sometimes there is no recording and just one client connected, but all tuners seem to be blocked and so i get no picture on all channels. I solved it by changing the priority in the vnsi clients from 0 to 5, But now I fear that this setting may interrupt recordings. Any suggestion?
are all tuners connected to lnb?
Yes, it's a Max S8 from Digital Devices which is connected in multiswitch mode to the lnb
could you post syslog with vdr logging level set to 3 and prio set to 0. maybe there is anything of interest in the log
Sorry for missing your request, but i didn't get an email from the forum informing me about your answer. Will post the log this coming weekend.
Here we go, part of the vdr log with log level set to 3 while trying to switch channels (using priority 5) without success:
http://pastebin.com/4i4tpNvt

I could not post the whole log, because the issue happens only from time to time so that the whole log is way too big to be posted via pastebin. Just tell me if you need another part of the log (for example the start of the VDR).

Thanks once again for your help!
could you test with my branch cam on vnsiserver repo? make sure to set prio not to -1
Just installed it and will report if it solved the issue. Priority is now set to 0.
Until now everything works fine. Seems to be fixed now. Thanks for solving it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VNSI & multiple tuners0