Solved Dealing with localised dates from EPG
Hi, some time a go I 1+ a feature request for a PVR reminder feature, It looks liked noone was interested in building this, so I've decided to get off my a*se and do it myself.Confused I have some basic working reminder functionality that reads the ListItem.StartTime & ListItem.StartDate from the EPG grid when a new option is selected in the context menu.

Everything works pretty well, although rather basic at the moment, I'm worried how I'm going to have to deal with localised dates, so for example listitem.Startdate brings back "Sat 24 October 2015" which I then compare against date(). (I the format it so it reads mmddyy).

So I'm thinking in the USA they they write the date mmddyy,( I've change the regional setting and the EPG displays Sat October 24 2015) and I guess there's probably other regional differences.

Is there a function/way to get the users regional/localised setting?
Ok to answer my own quetion and maybe help others who are Noobs on Addon dev like me, i found the answer here: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs...-getRegion - should have searched a little bit harder... Undecided

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dealing with localised dates from EPG0