Win addon changelog error
That is my code but it gives me error saying check log because of addon_handle but when I remove it it works but directly plays the url i want to make a list so that when i open the addon it has channels but i get an error please help.

import xbmc, xbmcgui, xbmcaddon, sys, xbmcplugin

addon = xbmcaddon.Addon('plugin.video.sports')
title = addon.getAddonInfo('name')
icon = addon.getAddonInfo('icon')

addon_handle = int(sys.argv[1])

xbmcplugin.setContent(addon_handle, 'movie')

url = 'URL'
li = xbmcgui.ListItem('Sky Sports', iconImage='DefaultVideo.png')
xbmc.Player().play(item=url, listitem=li)

xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory(addon_handle)
a plugin is a *virtual filesystem* entry. it shall not start a player, it shall return a list of items. if the items returned from the listing is directly playable urls, the plugin is done.

if (time-consuming) resolving is necessary prior to playing the item, the plugin shall return a 'playable' plugin item (an item where isFolder is false and where the 'is_playable' property is set to '1'). if this is clicked in the gui, a callback is done to the plugin with the url of the playable plugin item. the plugin shall then resolve the playable plugin item url to a real url and return that using the setResolvedUrl method in xbmcplugin.
(2015-10-27, 12:41)ironic_monkey Wrote: a plugin is a *virtual filesystem* entry. it shall not start a player, it shall return a list of items. if the items returned from the listing is directly playable urls, the plugin is done.

if (time-consuming) resolving is necessary prior to playing the item, the plugin shall return a 'playable' plugin item (an item where isFolder is false and where the 'is_playable' property is set to '1'). if this is clicked in the gui, a callback is done to the plugin with the url of the playable plugin item. the plugin shall then resolve the playable plugin item url to a real url and return that using the setResolvedUrl method in xbmcplugin.

Can you please show me a sample code because I am a noob and I want to make an addon using and xml file so it accesses the xml from the web, i will make the xml file later if this first creates a list, i need this to do the following:

whenever i click the addon to open it i need channels in it but the code above gives me an error.
there's an easy to follow 'hello world' plugin tutorial in our wiki:
Audio/video_add-on_tutorial (wiki)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-10-29, 10:04)ronie Wrote: there's an easy to follow 'hello world' plugin tutorial in our wiki:
Audio/video_add-on_tutorial (wiki)

That is where I got the code from and it tells me error. Check log for more information.
please post a Debug Log with the error.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
addon changelog error0