4.1.8-desktop-1.mga5

[rolf@localhost kodi]$ cat /etc/release
Mageia release 5 (Official) for x86_64

[rolf@localhost kodi]$ kodi --version
16.0-ALPHA2 Git:2015-08-02-6f1362f-dirty Media Center Kodi
Copyright (C) 2005-2013 Team Kodi - http://kodi.tv

$ ll `which kodi`
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 5213 Aug  2 13:07 /usr/local/bin/kodi*

I built this version a few months ago, looks like, and just got a pop-up in kodi recommending I update to a newer version.
As then, I followed the instructions here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ADME.linux
git clone git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git kodi
I use defaults as much as I can. This time, I noticed an instruction about crossguid and followed that:

make -C tools/depends/target/crossguid PREFIX=/usr/local

then, simply ./configure but that fails at libdcadec not found. I had installed the bulk of kodi build dependencies August 2 but couldn't find any package in Mageia whose name contained the string, dcadec. After some searching, I did this:

make -C tools/depends/target/libdcadec PREFIX=/usr/local

but configure failed in the same way. I ran ldconfig /usr/local, about at the limit of my copy/paste skills but my understanding is that should not be required and I even rebooted, as I sometimes notice system scripts do what I don't know how to do. Nonetheless,

Code:
checking vorbis/vorbisfile.h usability... yes
checking vorbis/vorbisfile.h presence... yes
checking for vorbis/vorbisfile.h... yes
checking for LIBDCADEC... no
configure: error: libdcadec not found

[rolf@localhost kodi]$ which dcadec            
/usr/local/bin/dcadec

[rolf@localhost kodi]$ ldd /usr/local/bin/dcadec
        linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007ffca1d92000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib64/libm.so.6 (0x00007fc944a6b000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib64/libc.so.6 (0x00007fc9446b8000)
        /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007fc944d71000)

[rolf@localhost kodi]$ echo $PATH
/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games:/usr/lib64/qt4/bin:/usr/lib64/qt5/bin:/home/rolf/bin

[root@localhost kodi (master)]# find  / -type f -name *dcadec
/usr/local/bin/dcadec
/home/rolf/git/kodi/tools/depends/target/libdcadec/native/dcadec

configure.log is here: http://goo.gl/pNW6a1 I'm attempting this build in an ssh session on a Mageia 5 desktop to the HP thin client where I use kodi.

Any help, please? Thanks.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2104485

(2015-09-13, 04:34)owrjeyz Wrote: ...,and I find that configure try to use pkg-config to solve the dependce but the pc file is in /usr/local while pkg-config default path is /usr/share/pkgconfig,after mv dcadec.pc to /usr/share/pkgconfig the problem sovledBlush

thanks again

I copied dcadec.pc to /usr/share/pkgconfig/ and that got configure past this roadblock.
This is not (!) suggested ... as /usr/share is distribution path ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
some distribution are unreasonable in not having /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig in the default PKG_CONFIG_PATH.
As a workaround, you can set it manually:
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig ./configure ...
(2015-10-31, 03:20)rolfp Wrote: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2104485

(2015-09-13, 04:34)owrjeyz Wrote: ...,and I find that configure try to use pkg-config to solve the dependce but the pc file is in /usr/local while pkg-config default path is /usr/share/pkgconfig,after mv dcadec.pc to /usr/share/pkgconfig the problem sovledBlush

thanks again

I copied dcadec.pc to /usr/share/pkgconfig/ and that got configure past this roadblock.

I would like to do the same, but there is no dcadec.pc file on my system, although there is dcadec executable in /bin
It's been a while but it looks like I copied dcadec.pc from the kodi git sources I used for building:

Code:
$ ls git/kodi/tools/depends/target/libdcadec/native/dcadec.pc
git/kodi/tools/depends/target/libdcadec/native/dcadec.pc
(2015-12-20, 23:50)rolfp Wrote: It's been a while but it looks like I copied dcadec.pc from the kodi git sources I used for building:

Code:
$ ls git/kodi/tools/depends/target/libdcadec/native/dcadec.pc
git/kodi/tools/depends/target/libdcadec/native/dcadec.pc

Thanks for the reply, but mine directory contains somethin else:

Code:
GentooOnPhenomII xbmc # ls -l tools/depends/target/libdcadec/
celkem 8
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  358 21. pro 00.16 libdcadec_android.patch
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1643 21. pro 00.16 Makefile
Did you read my first post? I told the procedure I followed, including the README that had instructions and, perhaps this step is important:

(2015-12-21, 01:40)rolfp Wrote: Did you read my first post? I told the procedure I followed, including the README that had instructions and, perhaps this step is important:

Thanks, it works!

And sorry for not going thru the whole readme file and your post. I was installing in Gentoo using portage and I went quickly thru the beginning of the thread thinking that is just related to manual compilation.
(2015-12-21, 02:04)Hrabosh Wrote:
(2015-12-21, 01:40)rolfp Wrote: Did you read my first post? I told the procedure I followed, including the README that had instructions and, perhaps this step is important:

Thanks, it works!

And sorry for not going thru the whole readme file and your post. I was installing in Gentoo using portage and I went quickly thru the beginning of the thread thinking that is just related to manual compilation.

then gentoo needs to fix their ebuild
(2015-10-31, 03:20)rolfp Wrote: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2104485

thanks again

(2015-10-31, 08:57)fritsch Wrote: This is not (!) suggested ... as /usr/share is distribution path ...

(2015-10-31, 09:47)wsnipex Wrote: some distribution are unreasonable in not having /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig in the default PKG_CONFIG_PATH.
As a workaround, you can set it manually:
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig ./configure ...

I don't think PKG_CONFIG_PATH is the problem.

Code:
[rolf@localhost ~]$ echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH

[rolf@localhost ~]$
[rolf@localhost ~]$ man pkg-config
pkg-config  retrieves  information  about  packages from special metadata files.
       These files are named after the package, and has a .pc extension.  On most  sys‐
       tems,    pkg-config    looks    in   /usr/lib/pkgconfig,   /usr/share/pkgconfig,
       /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig and /usr/local/share/pkgconfig  for  these  files.   It
       will  additionally look in the colon-separated (on Windows, semicolon-separated)
       list of directories specified by the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable.

Maybe that's not definitive. When trying to make sense of this, I looked under /etc, etc. and I think I found various $PATH are handled in another configuration but I'm not a developer; I just follow recipes and that is usually successful for the occasional stuff I build.

Anyway, it appears the author of the pkgconfig used on Mageia 5, http://pkgconfig.freedesktop.org/release....28.tar.gz
thinks it's fine to look in /usr/share/pkgconfig/ as well as /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

I just followed recipes. My post sat for 5 days with no response, during which time I tried to find a working recipe. As soon as I did and reported how, the criticism comes pouring in within hours.

Since I run make as normal user e.g.

$ make -C tools/depends/target/crossguid PREFIX=/usr/local

maybe someone could explain how dcadec.pc gets into the default PKG_CONFIG_PATH unless I do something like what I did,

Code:
[root@localhost kodi (master)]# cp tools/depends/target/libdcadec/native/dcadec.pc /usr/share/pkgconfig/
Huh

I could have put it in /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/ but, between these two locations, where is not the issue, how is, afaics.
2016 04 14

System: Debian 8.4 32bit

Tried to compile Jarvis after http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Compile_Kod..._or_Ubuntu stuck at "LIBDCADEC" as described above.
Problem: There is no installable libdcadec-dev for Debian Jessie.

Heres my logfile: http://pastebin.com/PWdZhwBv

I read the Thread above, concerning the missing PATH variables, under DEBIAN 8.4 its like this:
find . -type d -iname "pkgconfig"
./usr/share/pkgconfig
./usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkgconfig
./usr/lib/pkgconfig

Please help me, i cant even use stable Isengard instead, because of its crashes after short times i had to uninstall it.
Then you need to compile it from source ... alternatively build master which does not rely on libdcadec anymore.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-04-14, 09:44)fritsch Wrote: Then you need to compile it from source ... alternatively build master which does not rely on libdcadec anymore.

Sorry, i do not quite understand your suggestion. I am already trying to compile Jarvis from source. (?!)
dcadec

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
./configure fails at libdcadec not found0