missing movies and missing tv shows
I have a lot of files that are either not named correctly or not picked up.
What's the best way to list all missing movies and all missing TV shows? ie the file exists but it's not in the library.
* Scan your whole library with Ember Media Manager to ensure they are being picked up. Scrape your own covers that way & have Kodi pick them up via local item scan.

* Use MISSING MOVIE SCANNER addon. It'll find movies and tv shows that weren't picked up.

The only way to guarantee is name everything correctly and verify the items prior to loading in Kodi, especially if you aren't scraping your own .nfo files.
(2015-10-26, 02:53)McButton Wrote: * Scan your whole library with Ember Media Manager to ensure they are being picked up. Scrape your own covers that way & have Kodi pick them up via local item scan.

* Use MISSING MOVIE SCANNER addon. It'll find movies and tv shows that weren't picked up.

The only way to guarantee is name everything correctly and verify the items prior to loading in Kodi, especially if you aren't scraping your own .nfo files.

I have Linux and Ember desn;t seem to run well with Wine. Any others?
One difficult issue I have is that some TV Shows, each episode has its own folder. Is there a quick way to take all files out of the folders and put them into a folder one level up?
I use Linux and Ember is fine. There are others, but the ones I tried like to overwrite or delete files, especially custom. The easy way is to go to the main folder, and search the file type, and move them all. Search mkv, then .jpg, then .nfo. should empty them out quick. After initially adding the show to Ember, it'll scrape all episodes.
(2015-10-26, 02:53)McButton Wrote: * Scan your whole library with Ember Media Manager to ensure they are being picked up. Scrape your own covers that way & have Kodi pick them up via local item scan.

IMO I would suggest is use Filebot (wiki) and rename the movies/episodes and assuming you have things setup correctly around directories structures and names (http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files) then when you scan everything should work 99.9999%
You can use the Python script in my sig to identify missing movies, episodes and songs, eg.
Code:
./texturecache.py missing movies "My Movies"
./texturecache.py missing tvshows "My TV Shows"
./texturecache.py missing songs "My Music"

where "My Movies", "My TV Shows" etc. is the name of one or more sources ("./texturecache.py sources" for a list of sources).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Use MediaElch for on linux: http://www.kvibes.de/mediaelch/

I use it to make all my NFO for movies. TV shows are done in Sonarr/nzbdrone

Cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
missing movies and missing tv shows0