F4F Encrypted stream support
Hi,
I'm new to Kodi and Plugin dev and I've been trying to write a plugin for Knowledge Networks in BC Canada.
I've started with the ABC Family plugin as a starter since it also deals with Kaltura.

However, Knowledge are using an f4m manifest linking to a fragment stream of encrypted f4f messages.

My question is: is there a standard way for KODI for dealing with these types of streams at present or is this not supported.
If not, are there any policy issues for KODI with dealing with these if I decided to write one (possibly based on the AdobeHDS.php script converted to python)?

Cheers,
skelband
It is illegal to strip the DRM in Canada (as well as most other territories) and, no, Kodi doesn't natively deal with f4m.
@skelband, regarding playing of f4m files, look into the script.video.f4mproxy addon by Shani-08 which you addon can depend one. His github repo is here: https://github.com/Shani-08/ShaniXBMCWor...o.F4mProxy.
The above post doesn't change the legality of doing this in Canada, so it's probably not a great topic to be discussed in this forum.
Just to be clear, I'm not interested in pirating video from websites. I don't really want to decrypt streaming traffic. That sounds like a lot of trouble just to watch a program.

And I would point out that most of the website scraping that addons do are already in breach of website terms and conditions, albeit not in breach of the law.
I just wanna watch TV Wink

After saying all that, are there any other ways of legally watching this streaming content (other than via the website of course)?
Has anyone tried manipulating existing flash programs that are capable of rendering f4f to present the stream in the same way that a website does thereby avoiding the DRM circumvention? This might still a breach of website terms and conditions, but not a breach of the law.
Ah, I read through the forum posts related to discussion here about addons that deal with DRM.
I'll take it elsewhere Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
F4F Encrypted stream support0