[split] dumb thread with kneejerk reaction
(2015-10-25, 17:01)Karnagious Wrote: OP said thanks to the Kodi guys AND thanks to the addon guys.

Kodi guy cant wait to complain about the mention of the addon guys.

What the fu..?

Kodi has a problem.

I'm happy to see a thanks to addon and core dev people. My mistake was reading a negative into the original thanks that wasn't actually there. Evidently I'm human and make mistakes.

I'm not totally sure how my single mistake gets translated into the entire organization having a problem, but given that I've already read too much into another post in this thread, I will refrain from making presumptions about yours and will instead leave it to you to explain.
(2015-10-26, 05:22)natethomas Wrote: Evidently I'm human and make mistakes.

Evidently being human means never having to say you are sorry.

Quote:I'm not totally sure how my single mistake gets translated into the entire organization having a problem, but given that I've already read too much into another post in this thread, I will refrain from making presumptions about yours and will instead leave it to you to explain.

If your title simply read "Rank & File Kodi Foot Solider" then you seeing adversaries where there weren't any wouldnt be an issue.

The problem is a (the mostHuh) senior representative of the project apparently suffering from a near obsession with "piracy addon" mosquitoes, that lead him to attack a Post: 1 donor, which almost certainly turned the OP from a likely ally to, at best, an ambivalent stranger and, at the same time and in a not insignificant way, turned a cold shoulder towards people who have contributed hundreds of hours individually and hundreds of thousands of hours collectively to helping improve Kodi user experience in the best way they have available.

I struggle to imagine what the world looks like where that isnt considered a problem.

Think: not so much missing the forest for the trees as missing the forest AND trees and instead seeing only what you think might be some weeds over there.
I'll defend Nats knee-jerk reaction here. As one of the developers that spent a entire year of solid focus doing the initial Android port, I almost wish I did not or failed at the attempt. What I've happening seen so far truly disgusts me.

Those piracy/parasite addons are a real problem. Left unchecked, they will kill Kodi as a legitimate media platform. That's already been seen with Amazon rejecting Kodi from the Amazon Store. If the trend continues, Kodi is dead. It's branding wrecked and no one but parasites looking to profit and wannabes will touch it.
With that I couldn't agree more
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-10-26, 10:14)Karnagious Wrote:

Maybe re-read post #16? I apologized to the only person in this thread who needed an apology.
(2015-10-23, 17:38)natethomas Wrote:
(2015-10-23, 16:32)rollo69 Wrote: Also thanks to all those who make the addons and keep them up and going because without you guys / gals all this wouldn't be possible.

I really hate this sentiment, mostly because people who use it rarely are talking about the people who make legitimate addons, and partly because it ignores the really tremendous amount of work that goes into the library, players, and everything else that makes up Kodi.

As Kodi's Chief/Project Manager, you really need to lighten up and just take the complement at face value...

::UPDATE::

BTW Not bandwagon on the beat up Nate train, I wrote my statement after reading the first two posts.

Nate does a lot for the Kodi community, trust me when I say I understand the built up frustration that comes along with participating on these forums...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-10-25, 17:16)rollo69 Wrote:
(2015-10-24, 18:04)natethomas Wrote: It was a comment about the sentiment that "without addons all that makes Kodi worthwhile wouldn't be possible."
That couldn't be farther from the truth. My sole intention was to thank you all for the hard work, not to say Kodi isn't worthwhile without addons. The addons just add to what is already great, imo.

Texting surely puts a hurting on ones grammar...

+1, OP was thanking everyone involved with Kodi...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-10-26, 15:58)natethomas Wrote:
(2015-10-26, 10:14)Karnagious Wrote:

Maybe re-read post #16? I apologized to the only person in this thread who needed an apology.

Not at the time of my OP.
(2015-10-27, 00:09)Karnagious Wrote: Not at the time of my OP.

Not at the time of your OP, but certainly by the time you said I hadn't.
You're post that I was responding to was about my OP.

But whatever you need to ignore the substance of the explanation.
I like all of Kodi. The library, the thumbnails, the scrapers, the ASS subtitle support, the HEVC support, and the YouTube addon. Smile
DJ, might be better to post that in the other thread that's actually about this topic, rather than this thread that I've split off.
And I think I'm closing this thread now. Leaving it open isn't fair to the original OP's thread. Karnagious, if you've still got an issue, feel free to PM me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] dumb thread with kneejerk reaction0