No DTS-HD / True HD Options?
Hi Guys,

I've previously being playing my 1080p MKV files through my TV, so therefore 2.0 sound. However I've just ordered a Yamaha YSP-2500 soundbar, as it supports HD audio I thought I would set about replacing some of my rips from DTS/DD5.1 audio to their HD counterparts. However when looking in Kodi audio settings, I only have the option to enable DTS or DD5.1, no options for HD counterparts. So, my question...

(1) is this due to my hardware not supporting it? Acer Revo RL70
(2) is this OpenElec related? Currently running build 5.95.5.6.0, Kodi 15.1
(3) is this user error on my behalf? I have enabled advanced settings.

Many thanks guys, hope you can help.
I think the HD audio passthru only show up in advanced or expert settings level.

I'm running openelec, settings level is "expert" and they are available choices on audio passthru.

Settings level at expert not because I know much, I just like to tinker.
Thank you, I have expert settings enabled already though
Your hardware. As far as i can recall, only Intel and Nvidia have HD audio support on OpenELEC, not AMD. HD audio support does exist on Windows for AMD GPUs though.
You say you've just ordered a Yamaha YSP-2500 soundbar, so all I can assume from that wording is that you've not yet received it and are still connected direct to the TV. If you are connected direct to the TV then you're never going to get the HD audio options displayed as no TV on earth supports HD audio, so you will only see these options once connected up to a device that supports HD audio such as the Yamaha YSP-2500 soundbar.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No DTS-HD / True HD Options?0