Serverwmc issues with drm, where there is no drm?
I recently started having drm? issues I cannot explain.

I have a tv server running win7 pro x64
InfiniTV6 and latest serverwmc.

The tv server forwards cable tv to various devices, mainly Kodi.

All my channels work in windows on the server.

But many do not work anywhere else.

As far as I know, the channels in question do not use drm.

And Ceton device webpage says "Copy Protection - None"

But if I try to play these channels in Kodi, or anything other than WMC (on the server) I get a lot of pixilation, buffering, gray screen, squeeling distortion noise, etc.
(All the things you'd expect from drm.

And we are talking basic basic channels.

USA
Comedy Central
SyFy
MTV
VH1
CMT
And many others.

I doubt they all started DRMing.
Right?

Are we entering a new stage in rediculous copy protection?

Or is there an explanation I can't find?
Those channels don't usually have drm but that doesn't mean anything. Sometimes swmc incorrectly thinks a channel has drm that really doesn't. The surest way to know for sure is to record something on these channels and play it back in kodi or any other player, excluding wmc - or have you done this already? If the recordings play fine, then post the serverwmc log on pastebin.com and post a link to it in this thread after you try to live stream from one of these channels.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
I have already tried playing recordings in Kodi with no joy.
But, I checked, and Windows properties show that recordings from said channels ARE protected.

Also, it seems that the copy protection listed on the ceton web interface is showing "Copy Once" for copy protection.
(However, last time I checked I thought it said "NONE")

Another strange thing, is that I still have recordings which I made and watched using Kodi through serverwmc.
However, windows shows them all as protected, and I cannot watch them through Kodi anymore.

This is good news to me though.

Because I seriously doubt that the cable providers infected me with a virus that went and added copy protection to files that were once accessible through Kodi.

So I'm thinking Windows is creating the problem.
And now I really screwed things up.

Because of the odd issues, I decided to try to re-format my DVD drive on my tv server.

Got everything setup again, and now I cannot watch any tv (except for WMC on the server)

Kodi is seeing, connecting to, and loading EPG from ServerWMC, but when I try to play anything, it just says "Working" for about 5 seconds, then does nothing.

Maybe I have tin whiskers growing on the motherboard in my server?
I saw this whole thing about them on the History channel, back in the day, when I could watch TV.
LOL
ok, back to where I started.

I specifically shared the ServerWMC Temp directory in "Recorded TV" instead of just "Recorded TV"

But no luck with the problem channels.

Its just so weird that I was no longer able to watch recordings that I know I was once able to watch.

Has to be something with Windows.
I don't think so, I think your cable provider started putting drm on channels that they didn't use to drm. Who is your cable provider?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
WOW

( Wide Open West )
I found some older threads that said WOW was adding DRM city by city. It could be it was your turn. The only thing I couldn't find was if WMC will retroactively set DRM on old recordings based on the channel they were recorded on.
So if you record a show on channel A freely today but chnnel A has DRM tomorrow if it automatically applies DRM to the old recording.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Serverwmc issues with drm, where there is no drm?0