Tronsmart MX3 vs Mygica ATV1900
Question 
Hi, recently i came across this two boxes which for me both have the same specs

Tronsmart MX3 and Mygica ATV1900

Amlogic S812 Quad-core CPU and Octa-core Mali-450 GPU
2 GB Ram
5GHz Wifi (i dont have AC router)

(storate is no issue for me just want it for kodi + x265 decoding) ... and netflix

but one is $160 dlrs and the other one is around $100 (and if you go for a clone of the tronsmart is around $80 dlrs)

can anyone point out the pros - cons of the boxes ??

thnx

edit: both are android boxes
Netflix 1080p ?

sadly, neither has netflix 1080p :/
Exactly.
There is only one AMLogic device that does 1080p Netflix its also a S812-H and will have far far better support than those two devices you mentioned. Its the WeTek Core.

You can make up your own mind but a device from a Kodi Sponsor is going to perform better than some random box off Ebay or wherever. Its the Firmware that makes all the difference on these AMLogic devices, like proper 24p support. HEVC Patches, mpeg4 activation, just to name a few. I've been up to my eyeballs patching the Kernel and tweaking on a similar S805 all last week.
V
V

thnx for the info, i will look into this because sounds a great option... what i was looking for Smile
I've played with Mygica ATV1900 (review here) and I can say that I liked it.
it's very stable, every app starts quickly and the Android TV-like launcher was easy to use with it's RF remote.

Netflix comes preinstalled, but I couldn't test
netflix doesnt come HD on those boxes Sad

im waiting for a wetek core review real live test
Requires a special DRM license.
Nope.
Not possible at all.
You need Google Widevine Certification. There are no quick "hacks" to enable 1080p Netflix.
All these cheap boxes coming out of Asia are useless if you want 1080p DRM Android video streaming Apps.

WeTek Core and nVIDIA Shield are the only two Kodi Android devices I would recommend.

(2015-11-17, 05:05)wrxtasy Wrote: Nope.
Not possible at all.
You need Google Widevine Certification. There are no quick "hacks" to enable 1080p Netflix.
All these cheap boxes coming out of Asia are useless if you want 1080p DRM Android video streaming Apps.

WeTek Core and nVIDIA Shield are the only two Kodi Android devices I would recommend.

Yeah just read that on the Netflix site. Probably better to stick to Kodi and not use Netflix.
Definitely better to make doubly sure you will get top class Firmware support for any potential Kodi Android box purchase first.

This is the most important consideration with Android if you want a device to work with future Kodi versions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tronsmart MX3 vs Mygica ATV19000