Play silent video and audio stream simultaneously
I have what I guess is a low-end D-Link IP camera. For some reason I will probably never completely understand, the camera's video stream has no audio, and the audio is provided on a different stream. D-Link provides some software that makes this transparent to the end user, but it gets harder with third party software and Kodi is no exception.

The streams are:

http://user:pass@<cam_address>/VIDEO.CGI (MJPG 320x240 YUV 4:2:2)
http://user:pass@<cam_address>/AUDIO.CGI (PCM s16l Mono 8000Hz 16bit)

Both of these work just fine independently if placed on .strm files in Kodi.

I suppose the feature request would be for Kodi to be able to open each stream and play them at the same time. I understand there may be some sync issues but other than having buffers of the same duration (maybe configurable) I would not expect any great effort on that side. There's always the manual audio delay option.

As a test, I tried opening both streams in separate VLCs and without taking any measures to help it the sync is not perfect, but acceptable.

Thanks for such a great piece of software.
If you have a server setup you could set VLC to mix them together, and serve that to Kodi.

That said, I think there have been a patch floating around for external audio tracks. It might work with streams too, who knows Tongue I highly doubt it would get accepted, but perhaps with the player rewrite it would be more acceptable to have something like this in the API but not accessible via GUI. So you could make a plugin which does it.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play silent video and audio stream simultaneously0