1080P version?
First I love this skin! I haven't found any that can compare to it. But it has one major flaw and that is that it's only 720P! 1080P is a must! So my question is if there are any plans of doing a 1080P version soon? Or if there any mods made for this?

I have started modding MQ 6 myself, but when I'm new to this it's so much trail and error and searching for files and code that makes the changes I want. Took me 3 hours yesterday to make the right arrow hide the GUI to show the background properly, and that was only one number that needed to be changed Tongue But I make progress and when I can't find any other skin that I like I guess I continue if there are no 1080P version coming? Sad thing is that I can't get any new releases without spending ages again and modding that one also.
I think there is a script or something from Phil that has a chance of converting the code to different resolutions.

Haven't tried it myself. But I'm sure I seen it in the skining thread. Try a search

I'm not a developer to say about it going to 1080.
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi

Don't forget the Thank User button if i have helped!
|
V
Wow thank you! That saved me LOTS of hours! It seemed to have done a real good job! Now I can start my personal tuning.

For reference here is the link: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=132720
(2015-10-29, 18:18)manderlore Wrote: Wow thank you! That saved me LOTS of hours! It seemed to have done a real good job! Now I can start my personal tuning.

For reference here is the link: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=132720

I'm glad it helped and thank you for posting for the link. Glad to see my memory is not too bad as well.

Do you notice much of a difference?
What size is your screen?
Can you provide a screen shot?
Might make the developers adopt different resolutions.

|
V
I have only tested on my computer monitor so far and it's 24". But no the difference is not big at all! The converter works by multiplying ALL values with 1.5 so it's like a zoom, and make everything look almost the same with the same size as before. I haven't done anything to the textures yet but I don't think that will help that much, some flags and so I think I will do later though. But posters and fanart is higher res so they should benefit more from it then they do. By default I guess Kodi scale the skin because I run Kodi in 1080P so it seems to do I fine job.

But the benefit is that I can mod the skin and for example reduce the text size and the space between rows of text, and scale some areas back, which is normally done when you increase the resolution, everything doesn't look the same in Windows for example when you change to a higher resolution. That way I have more room for fanart, thumbs and so. Everything should look better also. But not that easy to do and quite much work for that. But the converter is great anyway because before I ran it everything was in the top left corner and the rest of the screen had nothing, and to manually move and scale everything is much worse. now i have a good start and can scale the things I want down again to where I want it. And leave everything like settings and so as it is.

But a true 1080P version from the developers would be super!
(2015-10-30, 12:03)manderlore Wrote: But a true 1080P version from the developers would be super!

We can hope Aeon MQ7 will upgrade to 1080. Next step is 4k.

|
V
YEs maybe will be good made all skins in 1080p in shops is VU+ sat box who have name solo4k. he have 10 000 dmips.
He suport enigma2 but have plugin xbmc too.
Nice will be see all in new format.
What do you mean by the skin not being in 1080p?

In settings, when the info dialog pops up I have 1080p resolution...
(2015-11-04, 21:28)djhifi Wrote: What do you mean by the skin not being in 1080p?

In settings, when the info dialog pops up I have 1080p resolution...

That is the output your box is sending the video signal as. The skin itself appears to be 720p.
You can see the resolution in the addon.xml file locaded in the root of the skin folder that is in Kodis addons folder. You can change it there also but if you do the skin will only cover the top left of the screen.
The skin's background pictures mostly seem to be native 1080p. At least that's what the dimensions are telling me.
Yes background images, main bar and a few other elements is 1920p, but skin is 720p, similar official confluence skin.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
can you post a screenshot of the 720p skin vs 1080p skin conversion. had to visualize what the changes would look like.
Not sure I see the advantage of 1080, other than maybe for scaling of border textures.

scott s.
Yea, for a scaling UI is there much, im pretty sure more thing are scalable, I dont see the benefit, please explain what would be good or added?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080P version?1