Compiling Raspberry Pi SD Card
Hi please help

new to all this. Have a raspberry pi that has stopped working and updating, in my wisdom have formatted the sd card and just need to know what/ how needs to go back on it, Had open elec, xmbc, tv add ons on it originally plus some others. Have tried to install open elec back onto it but to no avail.
[/size]
"tv add ons" are banned add-ons (wiki) so please don't put those back on and expect help from this forum.

To install OpenELEC simlpy download the disk image from the http://openelec.tv/get-openelec site, uncompress the image using 7z (download link: http://www.7-zip.org/7z.html) and then use WinDiskImager32 (download link)) to write the img file to your SD card.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
ok many thanks for advice will give it a go and let you know.

Cheers

Downloaded two files you said, got open elec file onto 7z program, the problem I have then is how do I transfer it to the win disk imager program to write to the sd card? Told you I was new to this.

Thanks
(2015-11-03, 17:34)webby Wrote: the problem I have then is how do I transfer it to the win disk imager program to write to the sd card? Told you I was new to this.

Put SD card into your Windows machine (using a USB adapter), start WinDisk32Imager, select your SD card, select the img file you extracted from the img.gz using 7z, click the "Write" button...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
One way to install OpenELEC or OSMC is to use NOOBS. You download NOOBS, extract it to your blank SD card.

You have to make sure your SD card is formatted to it's full size. You then extract NOOBS to the root of the drive.

Once it's finished, you place the card in your Pi and boot it. It will present you a menu of selections, in your case, choose OpenELEC.

It will install OpenELEC to your card and reboot.

Hopefully, including a link is not prohibited.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentatio...n/noobs.md

Good Luck.
I must be doing something wrong somewhere, when I open wndiskimager there's no file to write. Once file is on 7z program, is there something I need to do to make it appear on windiskimager? Sorry
You need to extract it to somewhere you can find again, then open it in windisk32imager
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi all
thanks for advice. I managed to get file onto sd card but I think one of file was corrupt as nothing would come on screen when I plugged pi in. Also tried noobs site, managed to download link suggested got page on screen but as I don't have a keyboard I cant access it to boot it up, Any help again please would be fantastic, thank you.
Hello,

Although I do have a keyboard plugged into my Pi, I think all you really need is a mouse to select the choices.

Try a USB mouse. It should pick up that and then you can click through the choices.
Done. The mouse worked great thanks. Got main screen with raspberry in centre. Now what do u need to do to get xbmc and the rest on it please and make it so it is the first thing that comes on when I switch like on?

Thanks
I suggest the instructions would be worth reading. http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Raspberry_Pi
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Sorted thanks very much. Re loaded it via openelec, got it on , just trying to upload stuff onto it now, thanks again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compiling Raspberry Pi SD Card0