Go Away Annoying Message Box
I have NextPVR as the backend client, but I don't know if this has anything to do with NextPVR or if it is a Kodi thing.

How do I make this annoying message box go away?

The device goes into suspend when no one has used it for an hour or more.

When I come back to wake up the PC, I see this. Obviously, it can connect now.

It's a really irritating screen that seems to have just started showing up recently.

Maybe it is a Kodi 15.2 bug.
In settings|live tv there is an option to turn off 'lost connection' warnings.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
add this to your advancedsettings xml file

<videoscanner>
<ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors> <!-- Set to true to silently ignore errors while scanning videos. This prevents the error dialogue box, so you don't have to keep hitting "yes" to keep scanning.-->
</videoscanner>

http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#videoscanner
@nickr: I thought I had that turned off already. That setting may have been lost when I upgraded to 15.2. Thanks!

@kaiseruk: WOW! I never knew about that file. Would it be safe to create one using the values provided on that screen? From what I can tell, most of the examples seem to include the Kodi default values. I'd like to create one of those for my %AppData% folder with all of the settings using all of Kodi's default values. That way, whenever I need to change something, I can sit here on my PC making the change while the family is over there watching something on the Media PC. That would be GREAT!
Sorry yeah I was confusing message boxes.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Go Away Annoying Message Box0