• 65(current)
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
When viewing the live broadcast via twitch addon Kodi crashes.
I'm a noob at Kodi. I found the forums and this thread. I'm going to try and install Kodi on my iPad Pro tomorrow. I've read through the first couple pages of this thread and the last couple pages. As far as I can tell I just follow the steps on the first page. Is there anything throughout the thread that I should be aware of? Any extra steps updated for the new versions of Mac OS, XCode or iOS?

OK so I've gone through the steps and I keep getting the following error "You appear to have an error with your code signing certificate" I've tried the troubleshooting steps in the thread but I'm still getting the same error.
thankyou so much for this. this me help alot!
Hi Dan,

I reviewed the instructions in your original post and wanted to confirm that if you have a PAID developer account, skip the first 6 steps and start on 7. Is this correct? My apologies for the trivial question. I did a search and could not find my answer. My assumption is to start at Step 10. Thanks in advance.

Verbiage from your original post:

"If you have a paid developer account or a signing certificate and provisioning profile, you can skip to step 7 and just use your signing certificate and the profile."

Thanks
Joe
Can anyone help me in installing Kodi on my Apple TV with paid Developer account?
(2017-05-10, 01:43)guru369 Wrote: Can anyone help me in installing Kodi on my Apple TV with paid Developer account?

Do you have a paid Developer account or just a certificate from a paid account?
Ive noticed that a few of my add ons don't seem to work with Krypton v17 and up. But they will work with Jarvis, however Im trying to find out what the latest version of Jarvis is that most common add ons will still work?

I think the latest version Ive tried is around April 2016. Anyone installed later and found their add ons still work.

NOTE:- Apologies if this post isn't allowed and please delete if necessary. I haven't mentioned any particular add ons. Just add ons in general.
Running Krypton beta3 on ATV4 networked to Win7 PC using SMB shares.
I often try a newer version of Kodi like Krypton 17.1 only to find that some of my add ons don't work so I have to revert back to Krypton 17 or even Jarvis. The problem is I have to then re install all if my add ons and customise my settings again.
Is there a way that this can all be backed up and then once a newer/older version is installed I can restore all my settings and add ons from back up? I know that if I use the same project in Xcode it just writes the newer version of Kodi over the old one. The problem is when I go to downgrade back to an older version.
You could consider running the new version of Kodi in Portable Mode until you are satisfied that it is all working to your needs.
See here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable

Another method would be to backup your userdata folder.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Backup

Out of the two methods, the Portable Mode method would be preferable.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen - portable ,ode only exists on windows ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2017-05-25, 06:21)Karellen Wrote: You could consider running the new version of Kodi in Portable Mode until you are satisfied that it is all working to your needs.
See here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable

Another method would be to backup your userdata folder.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Backup

Out of the two methods, the Portable Mode method would be preferable.

Thanks Karellen, but yeah as Memphis said portable mode is for Windows and Im using Kodi on an atv4 and an iPad. But thanks for the link to backups will check it out.
Hello, long time lurker first time poster Smile First of thanks so much Memphiz for your hard work it really makes ATV4 users like myself happy that we can use this software! Quick question as I'm getting frustrated with sideloading. I'm considering purchasing a paid dev account. If I do this can I give my put my friends UDID for his ATV4 in as well so we can split it? Is this something that can be done?

Thanks

Chris
(2017-05-30, 15:45)LAKERCJ24 Wrote: Hello, long time lurker first time poster Smile First of thanks so much Memphiz for your hard work it really makes ATV4 users like myself happy that we can use this software! Quick question as I'm getting frustrated with sideloading. I'm considering purchasing a paid dev account. If I do this can I give my put my friends UDID for his ATV4 in as well so we can split it? Is this something that can be done?

Thanks

Chris

Well, if he's part of your developer "team" and helps you "test" the software, I don't see why not... Wink

It wouldn't hurt if you also learned how to program (even basic stuff), you could probably make your yearly fee back and more with even a simple app.

Just think, one of the top apps currently is... a fidget spinner... I'm not joking...

If you're an artist, you can even make money without knowing any programming, just make iMessage stickers
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
(2017-05-30, 15:54)DanTheMan827 Wrote:
(2017-05-30, 15:45)LAKERCJ24 Wrote: Hello, long time lurker first time poster Smile First of thanks so much Memphiz for your hard work it really makes ATV4 users like myself happy that we can use this software! Quick question as I'm getting frustrated with sideloading. I'm considering purchasing a paid dev account. If I do this can I give my put my friends UDID for his ATV4 in as well so we can split it? Is this something that can be done?

Thanks

Chris

Well, if he's part of your developer "team" and helps you "test" the software, I don't see why not... Wink

It wouldn't hurt if you also learned how to program (even basic stuff), you could probably make your yearly fee back and more with even a simple app.

Just think, one of the top apps currently is... a fidget spinner... I'm not joking...

If you're an artist, you can even make money without knowing any programming, just make iMessage stickers

You can buy certificate and provisioning file from a developer having paid account, which you can use it to sign any of your apps for the particular device for which you have paid for. It comes for as low as 7$.
(2017-05-10, 18:15)underwriter Wrote:
(2017-05-10, 01:43)guru369 Wrote: Can anyone help me in installing Kodi on my Apple TV with paid Developer account?

Do you have a paid Developer account or just a certificate from a paid account?

I didn't had either of those at the time of posting this request. Thanks for looking into my request. I was able to google it and got the certificate and provisioning profile for my device for 7$.
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)8