iOS Kodi Official Remote NOT WORKING!
Hello guys I'm MrRandom and I'm a new guy here! Nice to meet ya all!!!
So i was having problems with the remote control app. I am using a mid 2009 macbook pro with El Capitan os, and I installed Kodi (Isengard version, 15) a couple of weeks ago and I love it!!! I also wanted to download the remote control app on my iphone 5s but it doesn't work :/
The ip address that i put in is correct, the host port is 8080, which is Kodi's default port (which I tried to change to 80 and could do it), the mac address is correct too and so are the username and my password, both are kodi (I also tried with nor username and password). My firewall is down and the app fills the tcp port with the port 9090, which i can't find anywhere in Kodi or my mac.
Could you help meHuh It doesn't work at all, it says "Couldn't find Kodi instances ...blah blah blah"
Bump
wow this forum sucks, not even an answer, nice job people, loving your support
(2015-11-02, 14:01)MrRandom Wrote: wow this forum sucks, not even an answer, nice job people, loving your support

I don't think this post is going to help you any further now.

Maybe you could post some screen shots of your settings (from the app and from Kodi). One of the settings is not correct.
- Maybe you have multiple NICs. Kodi doesn't like it that much.
- Maybe your router is dropping frames
- Maybe you have a special character in your username/password
- Maybe you have a space in your ip address

Post some screen shots so we can compare them with settings you enter in the app.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
Hi MrRandom!

I am using the Official Kodi Remote on my Kodi on Windows and also on my FireTV.

Since you said you tried to change the default Kodi Webserver port to 80 and couldn't do it, I am assuming that you didn't go into the Kodi Settings/Services section.

Within the Services tab, you need to turn on the webserver (Radio button at the top beside Allow control of XBMC via HTTP). It is on this same tab, you can change the port in which Kodi uses for the webserver.

Once you enable the webserver, if you have issues connecting still, I would disable the firewall for your current network connection and see if you can connect. If you cannot connect after making these changes, let me know. If you can connect with the firewall disabled and cannot with the firewall enabled, there is an issue with the port on the firewall. You could attempt to open the port or change the port in which Kodi Webserver uses. Don't forget to change the port in the Kodi Remote app also.

Jay
Smile 
(2015-11-02, 14:01)MrRandom Wrote: wow this forum sucks, not even an answer, nice job people, loving your support

And BTW, I know MAJOR companies that do not offer support to their customers within a short timeframe that you were insisting. Kodi is a project handled by volunteers. You've got to be patient! Big Grin

Jay
(2015-11-02, 16:13)-Jay- Wrote: Hi MrRandom!

I am using the Official Kodi Remote on my Kodi on Windows and also on my FireTV.

Since you said you tried to change the default Kodi Webserver port to 80 and couldn't do it, I am assuming that you didn't go into the Kodi Settings/Services section.

Within the Services tab, you need to turn on the webserver (Radio button at the top beside Allow control of XBMC via HTTP). It is on this same tab, you can change the port in which Kodi uses for the webserver.

Once you enable the webserver, if you have issues connecting still, I would disable the firewall for your current network connection and see if you can connect. If you cannot connect after making these changes, let me know. If you can connect with the firewall disabled and cannot with the firewall enabled, there is an issue with the port on the firewall. You could attempt to open the port or change the port in which Kodi Webserver uses. Don't forget to change the port in the Kodi Remote app also.

Jay

I already did that. All of it.
(2015-11-02, 16:02)rschiks Wrote:

I don't think this post is going to help you any further now.

Maybe you could post some screen shots of your settings (from the app and from Kodi). One of the settings is not correct.
- Maybe you have multiple NICs. Kodi doesn't like it that much.
- Maybe your router is dropping frames
- Maybe you have a special character in your username/password
- Maybe you have a space in your ip address

Post some screen shots so we can compare them with settings you enter in the app.

How can I know if I have multiple NICsHuh and what about those router framesHuh I ca assure you it's not the ip or the username password, since I eliminated the pasword, and the username is just "kodi".
I did try today to connect another remote which wasn't working either (sybu) by turning on my iphone's personal hotspot and connecting my mac to the same 3g that my iphone uses, and the app actually found my mac. Only problem is, it wasn't a wifi connection so it didn't work either
What is the ip address of your Mac? Ditto your phone.

Basic network testing - can they ping each other?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-11-03, 19:45)nickr Wrote: What is the ip address of your Mac? Ditto your phone.

Basic network testing - can they ping each other?

192.168.1.51 and my iphone's is 192.168.1.52, and i just tried to ping my iphone from my mac with the network utility app and it's not working :/

this is what happens when i try to ping my iphone:
Ping has started…

PING 192.168.1.52 (192.168.1.52): 56 data bytes
Request timeout for icmp_seq 0
Request timeout for icmp_seq 1
Request timeout for icmp_seq 2
Request timeout for icmp_seq 3
Request timeout for icmp_seq 4
Request timeout for icmp_seq 5
Request timeout for icmp_seq 6
Request timeout for icmp_seq 7
Request timeout for icmp_seq 8

--- 192.168.1.52 ping statistics ---
10 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

aaaand this is what happens when i try to tracerout it:
Traceroute has started…

traceroute to 192.168.1.52 (192.168.1.52), 64 hops max, 72 byte packets
1 * *traceroute: sendto: No route to host
traceroute: wrote 192.168.1.52 72 chars, ret=-1
traceroute: sendto: Host is down
2 traceroute: wrote 192.168.1.52 72 chars, ret=-1
*traceroute: sendto: Host is down
*traceroute: sendto: Host is down
3 * * *
4 *
Are they both wireless? Or one wired, one wireless?

What about in the other direction? Ie pinging the pc from the phone?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-11-03, 21:45)nickr Wrote: Are they both wireless? Or one wired, one wireless?

What about in the other direction? Ie pinging the pc from the phone?

Both wireless, and the iphone can't ping either, what should i do??
Look on your router, some have a setting called "wireless isolation" which prevents wireless clients from contacting each other.
(2015-11-03, 22:39)nickr Wrote: Look on your router, some have a setting called "wireless isolation" which prevents wireless clients from contacting each other.

Can't find that kind of setting in the router page :/
(2015-11-03, 23:46)MrRandom Wrote:
(2015-11-03, 22:39)nickr Wrote: Look on your router, some have a setting called "wireless isolation" which prevents wireless clients from contacting each other.

Can't find that kind of setting in the router page :/

What is the make and model of the router?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Official Remote NOT WORKING!1