• 12(current)
Beta Youtube Library
Hahahahaha, yes you are correct.

Idok Fire
I'm using tags to separate the scraped content from the main TV library so I can't say I use the genre option either but a default list with a choice to add your own seems like a good idea.
I've got very good news, my users Smile, TWICE!

Youtubelibrary.nl is now live!
I finally finished the site enough to go live. Go check it out Big Grin! You can get pre-configured playlists there.
Donors can even browse & add the playlists easily from within the addon.
Thanks to the blog on the site, it will be easier for you guys to read my updates Wink.

YoutubeLibrary v0.9.7 is out
Youtubelibrary finally has its repo now! Please install the repo so the addon gets automatically updated from now on.
You can download it at YoutubeLibrary.nl

As a special thank you to my donors I've added a special bonus for you Smile. Please create an account at youtubelibrary.nl and send me an email so I can upgrade your account to a Donate account. This will enable you to add pre-configured playlists from youtubelibrary.nl to your configuration from within the addon easily!

You can now also search for playlists by its name, playlistid or even the url from youtube! If you want to add playlists you created, please make sure you have set your playlist to public and sorted it by newest added.

There has also been some small fixes.

Code:
0.9.7:
- Added [Donor only]: Browse & Add pre-configured playlists from youtubelibrary.nl
- Youtubelibrary now has its repo! Install via the repo to get auto updates!
- Added Feature: You can now also search & add playlists by their name, id or even their url!
- Added Feature: You can now browse more then 50 playlists from a channel
- Fix: When using regex in season/episode, it will now handle specials correctly when failing to recognize one of the two.

I'd like to hear what you guys think Smile.
I'm also looking for translators to translate YTlibrary into multiple languages.
And I'm looking for people who can help get the community going, in any way possible.

Youtubelibrary is now also on Github.
Very exciting. I look forward to checking this out more tonight. Thanks!

Idok Fire
YoutubeLibrary worked great for months, but is now totally broken and I am not sure why!

Here is the error I am getting when its trying to update the library:

15:13:01 T:15604 NOTICE: script.module.youtube.dl: youtube_dl core version: 2016.03.27
15:13:01 T:15604 WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle -1
15:13:02 T:15604 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError'>
Error Contents: no element found: line 395, column 6
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Jay\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtubelibrary\addon.py", line 75, in <module>
routes.run_service()
File "C:\Users\Jay\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtubelibrary\resources\lib\routes.py", line 35, in run_service
service.update_playlists()
File "C:\Users\Jay\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtubelibrary\resources\lib\service.py", line 98, in update_playlists
m_xml.xml_get(type=type)
File "C:\Users\Jay\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtubelibrary\resources\lib\m_xml.py", line 42, in xml_get
document = ElementTree.parse( vars.settingsPath+file )
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1182, in parse
tree.parse(source, parser)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 657, in parse
self._root = parser.close()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1654, in close
self._raiseerror(v)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1506, in _raiseerror
raise err
ParseError: no element found: line 395, column 6
-->End of Python script error report<--

---

I should also note, that it just does this when updating the TV Playlists, and not the Music Video Playlists
(2016-06-16, 21:15)jaynford Wrote: YoutubeLibrary worked great for months, but is now totally broken and I am not sure why!

[.....]

I should also note, that it just does this when updating the TV Playlists, and not the Music Video Playlists
Please don't post log segments like that, it doesn't tell me enough. Enable the debug setting in the addon settings of YTlibrary and post the complete log (a hyperlink to xbmclogs or something ofcourse, not the whole log). I also need your settings.xml file (located in the addon settings directory /Settings)
Also upload your settings.xml somewhere. Which Kodi version, OS & version of YTlibrary are you running? Have you updated to the newer version with the old configuration still intact, or is it a fresh install?

I would appreciate it if users can take the time to do complete bug reports, since I have put in many more time to build, I don't think this is unreasonable.

But without looking, I can say it's probably that your settings.xml file got corrupted somehow Sad.
(2016-06-16, 21:15)jaynford Wrote: YoutubeLibrary worked great for months, but is now totally broken and I am not sure why!

Here is the error I am getting when its trying to update the library:
I haven't heard back from you. Is the problem fixed? Was your settings.xml file corrupted Sad?
The add-on seems to completely stop working whenever it has an exception such as a playlist being deleted from YouTube.

Is there anyway for it to continue as normal and disregard the error?

Code:
17:33:53 T:139945883055872  NOTICE: MICHS YoutubeLibrary:::::::: Playlist last scanned on: 2016-07-31 10:44:05, now: 2016-08-05 17:33:53.970216
17:33:54 T:139945883055872   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'apiclient.errors.HttpError'>
                                            Error Contents: <HttpError 404 when requesting https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/playlistItems?alt=json&part=snippet%2CcontentDetails&playlistId=PLYikOuc5t4VI-2RaO1H8_A1Nd5IGiAgZj&key=AIzaSyBtO0Bl38DJKCuPh9e4mRW3-1UcGPPnQfs&maxResults=50 returned "The playlist identified with the requests <code>playlistId</code> parameter cannot be found.">
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/config/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/addon.py", line 75, in <module>
                                                routes.run_service()
                                              File "/config/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/resources/lib/routes.py", line 35, in run_service
                                                service.update_playlists()
                                              File "/config/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/resources/lib/service.py", line 157, in update_playlists
                                                update_playlist(child.attrib['id'], type=type) #Update the nfo & strm files for this playlist
                                              File "/config/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/resources/lib/service.py", line 193, in update_playlist
                                                update_playlist_vids(id, folder, settings, type=type)
                                              File "/config/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/resources/lib/service.py", line 223, in update_playlist_vids
                                                resp = ytube.vids_by_playlist(id, nextpage) #Grab the videos belonging to this playlist
                                              File "/config/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/resources/lib/ytube.py", line 184, in vids_by_playlist
                                                playlistId=id
                                              File "/config/.kodi/addons/script.module.oauth2client/lib/oauth2client/util.py", line 137, in positional_wrapper
                                                return wrapped(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/config/.kodi/addons/script.module.googleapi/lib/apiclient/http.py", line 729, in execute
                                                raise HttpError(resp, content, uri=self.uri)
                                            HttpError: <HttpError 404 when requesting https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/playlistItems?alt=json&part=snippet%2CcontentDetails&playlistId=PLYikOuc5t4VI-2RaO1H8_A1Nd5IGiAgZj&key=AIzaSyBtO0Bl38DJKCuPh9e4mRW3-1UcGPPnQfs&maxResults=50 returned "The playlist identified with the requests <code>playlistId</code> parameter cannot be found.">
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
(2016-08-05, 18:44)Paranoidjack Wrote: The add-on seems to completely stop working whenever it has an exception such as a playlist being deleted from YouTube.

Is there anyway for it to continue as normal and disregard the error?
I was on holiday, but I'm back \ Big Grin /

Yes, Some more exception handling is a good idea. I will pick up.
Greetings! I have enjoyed this wonderful add-on for Kodi, and have set it up to follow several of my favorite YouTube channels. Though for the past few months, whenever Kodia starts up, it flashes an error "YouTube Library Error. Check log for details." I have no idea where this log file is, or what has broken. I believe I have the latest version of the add-on. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?
(2016-08-22, 19:40)MechanicalWhispers Wrote: Greetings! I have enjoyed this wonderful add-on for Kodi, and have set it up to follow several of my favorite YouTube channels. Though for the past few months, whenever Kodia starts up, it flashes an error "YouTube Library Error. Check log for details." I have no idea where this log file is, or what has broken. I believe I have the latest version of the add-on. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?
Hi Smile, addon creator here, i can help you.

Which version of the addon are you running? You can see that in "addon information" in the context menu if you have YTlibrary selected.
On which device are you running YTlibrary and which Kodi version?

You can find your log file directly in your userdata directory. See here to see where depending on your OS. (it's the kodi.log file)
Follow this link to learn how you post log files, then:

1. Please enable the debug setting in the addon settings of YTlibrary (context menu (c on keyboard) -> addon settings).
2. Restart Kodi
3. Make the error happen again.
4. Upload the log file and post the link here to me.
(2016-08-23, 20:24)Sleuteltje Wrote: Hi Smile, addon creator here, i can help you.

Which version of the addon are you running? You can see that in "addon information" in the context menu if you have YTlibrary selected.
On which device are you running YTlibrary and which Kodi version?

You can find your log file directly in your userdata directory. See here to see where depending on your OS. (it's the kodi.log file)
Follow this link to learn how you post log files, then:

1. Please enable the debug setting in the addon settings of YTlibrary (context menu (c on keyboard) -> addon settings).
2. Restart Kodi
3. Make the error happen again.
4. Upload the log file and post the link here to me.

Thank you so much for the help. And again, great add-on! I followed your instructions, and got my Kodi log.

I am running Kodi (16.1 Git:20160424-c327c53) x32 build, Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, and YouTube Library v0.9.7

I'll PM you a link to my log file. Edit: Well, it won't let me PM you. Here is the link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2194...di.old.log
(2016-08-23, 21:52)MechanicalWhispers Wrote: Thank you so much for the help. And again, great add-on! I followed your instructions, and got my Kodi log.

I am running Kodi (16.1 Git:20160424-c327c53) x32 build, Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, and YouTube Library v0.9.7

I'll PM you a link to my log file. Edit: Well, it won't let me PM you. Here is the link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2194...di.old.log
From the log it seems ytlibrary's settings.xml file got corrupted Sad.

Could you please post a link to your settings.xml file?

You can find it in your userdata folder

<userdata_kodi dir>\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtubelibrary\Settings
Here is my settings file:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2194...ttings.xml
(2016-08-24, 01:13)MechanicalWhispers Wrote: Here is my settings file:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2194...ttings.xml
I mean the settings.xml file in the Settings directory found in the directory you found this file. (I know, its confusing).
You will find a settings.xml, settings_musicvideos.xml and an episode_nr directory in there. I need a look at the settings.xml file Smile
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Youtube Library3