• 14(current)
Beta Youtube Library
Youtubelibrary v0.9.8.1

I pushed a small update. Youtube seems to not give the playlist ID of the Watch later & Watch History playlists anymore, which broke the Search by channel option. Unfortunatly you can't choose the playlists anymore because of this. You can search by channel now again tho Smile

(2016-09-27, 00:30)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: In the options you can enable/disable downloading images, shouldn't this be applied to episode thumbs as well? I see that the thumbs are saved in the nfo so kodi will DL them, but I use external media managers and would love to have those images. In the meantime or if you decide not to do that, I can just go through each one and DL one by one
I will see if i can create a seperate option for you.
Btw people. If you have donated to charity, or donated to the hosting costs of this addon, or have helped the Kodi community or help me with translations or something; you might get a donater account! PM me, so we can discuss.

When donations have reached hosting costs, i plan on opening up functionality that will enable to add pre-configured playlists more easily Smile.
Hi Sleuteltje, I am loving this addon! I was wondering if there is any way, once we have added a youtube playlist as a TV show and we're viewing the TV show in our Kodi video library, we can sort the episodes by Last Played. This would be nice so as to easily resume the last played In Progress YouTube video we were watching. It seems like this would be a feature given that your addon can remember the playback position of videos...

I also noticed that when viewing a YouTube video that has been added as a TV show in Kodi via your addon, the percentage does not update if you stop a video midway through. For example, if I stop a video in the middle, it will retain it's "unwatched" indicator on the file instead of saying "50%." Is this just a limitation of Kodi regarding NFO and STRM files, or is there some way to enable this feature via your addon?

Thanks again for a great addon!
Tried to install from downloaded repo (got it from official site), but fails to install the addon because of failed dependencies. Kodi 16.1 @ mac OS Sierra.
What can I do? This looks awesome.

01:45:03 T:123145347067904 ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for http://offshoregit.com/pulsarunofficial/...-0.0.1.zip
01:45:03 T:123145347067904 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[script.module.addon.signals]: failed to download special://home/addons/packages/script.module.addon.signals-0.0.1.zip
01:45:03 T:123145347067904 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[script.module.youtube.dl]: failed to install dependency script.module.addon.signals
01:45:03 T:123145347067904 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[plugin.video.youtubelibrary]: failed to install dependency script.module.youtube.dl
(2016-10-16, 04:31)verona77 Wrote: Hi Sleuteltje, I am loving this addon! I was wondering if there is any way, once we have added a youtube playlist as a TV show and we're viewing the TV show in our Kodi video library, we can sort the episodes by Last Played. This would be nice so as to easily resume the last played In Progress YouTube video we were watching. It seems like this would be a feature given that your addon can remember the playback position of videos...

I also noticed that when viewing a YouTube video that has been added as a TV show in Kodi via your addon, the percentage does not update if you stop a video midway through. For example, if I stop a video in the middle, it will retain it's "unwatched" indicator on the file instead of saying "50%." Is this just a limitation of Kodi regarding NFO and STRM files, or is there some way to enable this feature via your addon?

Thanks again for a great addon!
By default Kodi doesn't support resume playback or playcounters on .strm files. So I've "mimicked" this result by myself with some code trickery. There's a lot of stuff I'd like to improve in the library view / playback, but its new/difficult for me to hook into the official Kodi library view. So I still have to figure out if some stuff is even possible, and if so, how. But I am planning on improving some stuff there, but its not very high on my priority list with improvements for this addon.

You're welcome. The thanks is what i'm doing this for Smile. I would love it if you would rate this thread or press the 'thank user button' when i have helped you Smile.

EDIT: As for your sort-by-last-played question; i was kinda hoping it already did that. If not, it will be added later down the line when i try to mimick as much status flags as Kodi allows.

(2016-10-19, 02:02)Dankex Wrote: Tried to install from downloaded repo (got it from official site), but fails to install the addon because of failed dependencies. Kodi 16.1 @ mac OS Sierra.
What can I do? This looks awesome.
It seems script.module.addon.signals is missing. This is probably a dependency of one of my dependencies. Try installing the zip file from this link: https://mirror.umd.edu/xbmc/addons/gotha...n.signals/

Let me know if that works for ya.

Check Youtubelibrary.nl for some pre-configured playlists. Good way to see some examples on how to configure your playlists for max results! (Donors can add the playlists from within the addon).
First: Fantastic addon. You are doing amazing work.

Second: I get an error i can't seem to find other instances of in this thread. When i search and chose Youtube channel most of them work, but some of them do not. All of the ones that does not work get the same error message. For instance, Game Grumps and Lazy Game Reviews works, but Good Mythical Morning does not.

This is the Youtube channel in question: https://www.youtube.com/user/rhettandlink2
This is the error message:

Code:
23:47:05 1897.612427 T:1444926448  NOTICE: MICHS YoutubeLibrary:::::::: Running
23:47:08 1900.664795 T:1444926448  NOTICE: script.module.youtube.dl: youtube_dl core version: 2016.06.27
23:47:08 1900.668701 T:1444926448  NOTICE: MICHS YoutubeLibrary:::::::: Mode is folder
23:48:00 1952.646606 T:1444926448  NOTICE: MICHS YoutubeLibrary:::::::: Running
23:48:03 1955.900513 T:1444926448  NOTICE: script.module.youtube.dl: youtube_dl core version: 2016.06.27
23:48:03 1955.906250 T:1444926448  NOTICE: MICHS YoutubeLibrary:::::::: Mode is pickedChannel
23:48:03 1955.907227 T:1444926448  NOTICE: MICHS YoutubeLibrary:::::::: Picked a channel
23:48:04 1956.125732 T:1444926448  NOTICE: MICHS YoutubeLibrary:::::::: GET yt_get_channel_info: https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/channels?part=snippet%2C+contentDetails%2C+brandingSettings&maxResults=50&id=UC4PooiX37Pld1T8J5SYT-SQ&key=AIzaSyBtO0Bl38DJKCuPh9e4mRW3-1UcGPPnQfs
23:48:14 1966.618896 T:1444926448  NOTICE: MICHS YoutubeLibrary:::::::: GET yt_get_playlist_info: https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/playlists?part=snippet%2C+id%2C+contentDetails&maxResults=50&channelId=LL4PooiX37Pld1T8J5SYT-SQ&key=AIzaSyBtO0Bl38DJKCuPh9e4mRW3-1UcGPPnQfs
23:48:24 1977.013184 T:1444926448  NOTICE: MICHS YoutubeLibrary:::::::: GET yt_get_playlist_info: https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/playlists?part=snippet%2C+id%2C+contentDetails&maxResults=50&channelId=UU4PooiX37Pld1T8J5SYT-SQ&key=AIzaSyBtO0Bl38DJKCuPh9e4mRW3-1UcGPPnQfs
23:48:35 1987.481934 T:1444926448  NOTICE: MICHS YoutubeLibrary:::::::: GET yt_get_playlists_by_channel: https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/playlists?part=snippet%2C+contentDetails&maxResults=50&channelId=UC4PooiX37Pld1T8J5SYT-SQ&key=AIzaSyBtO0Bl38DJKCuPh9e4mRW3-1UcGPPnQfs&pageToken=
23:48:46 1998.044922 T:1444926448   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('high',)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/addon.py", line 126, in <module>
                                                routes.show_playlists_by_channel(id, type=type, pagetoken=pagetoken)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/resources/lib/routes.py", line 224, in show_playlists_by_channel
                                                dev.adddir(title, url, playlist['snippet']['thumbnails']['high']['url'], fanart=playlist['snippet']['thumbnails']['high']['url'], description=dev.lang(31010)+' '+dev.typeName(type)+' \n--------\nPlaylist Description:\n'+playlist['snippet']['description'])
                                            KeyError: ('high',)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
23:48:46 1998.429565 T:1956975536   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtubelibrary/?id=UC4PooiX37Pld1T8J5SYT-SQ&mode=pickedChannel&pagetoken=default&type
23:48:46 1998.431152 T:1956975536   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtubelibrary/?id=UC4PooiX37Pld1T8J5SYT-SQ&mode=pickedChannel&pagetoken=default&type) failed
(2016-10-26, 00:10)NGC3982 Wrote: First: Fantastic addon. You are doing amazing work.

Second: I get an error i can't seem to find other instances of in this thread. When i search and chose Youtube channel most of them work, but some of them do not. All of the ones that does not work get the same error message. For instance, Game Grumps and Lazy Game Reviews works, but Good Mythical Morning does not.

This is the Youtube channel in question: https://www.youtube.com/user/rhettandlink2
This is the error message:
Thank you for your kind words.

From the looks of the error it seems like the channel is missing its 'high quality' thumbnails. Should be easy enough to fix. I will pick it up when i have the time.
Thank you for sharing this plugin. Unfortunately I'm having trouble finding my playlist from search. I changed the playlist name multiple times (made sure it was unique) and typed in the exact name of the playlist, but search returns empty. When I only enter parts of the name (or any other random search name for that matter) I do get search results just fine. I also made my playlist public (thought it might be necessary to be found by the plugin), but so far impossible to add my playlist to the plugin and library. What am I missing?

Thanks for your support!

EDIT: After some testing this obviously is not a plugin problem but a youtube problem. I'm just not able to find my own playlist via youtube search in the browser either. Google SEO madness. Is there a way so I can add a playlist with it's ID? I've seen you mention that this could be possible by altering the settings files, correct? Would you mind giving me a short tutorial on how I would be doing this correctly?
(2016-10-30, 01:23)xbmosx Wrote: Thank you for sharing this plugin. Unfortunately I'm having trouble finding my playlist from search. I changed the playlist name multiple times (made sure it was unique) and typed in the exact name of the playlist, but search returns empty. When I only enter parts of the name (or any other random search name for that matter) I do get search results just fine. I also made my playlist public (thought it might be necessary to be found by the plugin), but so far impossible to add my playlist to the plugin and library. What am I missing?

Thanks for your support!
Did you know that..
.. you can also search for playlists by its url or playlist id?

It would have helped if you posted the url of the playlist in question.

You should always:
1) Make your playlist public
2) Set your playlist to sort by newest added -> oldest added. (or check the box; add new videos on top of playlist)

We're gonna use this playlist of mine as an example here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...Ny717Ieg3c
Method 1 - Searching for the playlist directly
1) Go to the YTlibrary addon in Kodi
2) Choose 'Add new playlist as X' (where X is for example TV Show)
3) Paste the url of the playlist in the search bar (which is in the example: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...Ny717Ieg3c)
4) Choose the playlist in question (only one should be visible to choose from)
5) Profit!

Method 2 - Search playlist by its channel name*
*= it could be you need to upload a video before your channel becomes searchable to make this method work.
2) Choose 'Add new channel as X' (where X is for example Tv Show)
3) Type the name of your channel (in my case Sleuteltje) in the search box
4) Choose your channel
5) Choose the playlist in question
6) Profit!

EDIT:
(2016-10-30, 01:23)xbmosx Wrote: EDIT: After some testing this obviously is not a plugin problem but a youtube problem. I'm just not able to find my own playlist via youtube search in the browser either. Google SEO madness. Is there a way so I can add a playlist with it's ID? I've seen you mention that this could be possible by altering the settings files, correct? Would you mind giving me a short tutorial on how I would be doing this correctly?
Please note that if you cant find your playlist with the method above, the below method will probably not work either. Because the addon needs to be able to 'reach' the playlist to grab its videos ofcourse Wink.

To alter the settings.xml file directly, you need to know XML and how to edit it. There are many tutorials online what XML is and how to alter XML.
You can find the .xml files YTlibrary saves its playlists in: <kodi userdirectory>/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/Settings/. settings.xml in that directory is for tv shows, settings_musicvideos.xml for music videos and settings_movies.xml for movies. Then you can just copy a <playlist>...</playlist> part and put the new information about the playlist in the xml tags to set each option. The most important one would be to set the <playlist id="ID HERE"..... > ofcourse. If you have done this, the playlist should be available to be altered in the addon like normal.

Code:
Btw, if this addon really helps you, please consider donating a cent or two*. All donations go straight to costs for maintaining the website :). At the moment ~half of hosting costs have been reached in donations <3

*This addon will ofcourse remain free. And dont feel obligated to donate ;). It would be nice tho if we could all share the burden of the small costs the addon brings.
Method 1 worked perfectly!!!

Very nice and powerful little addon you made there. Also when did I last get fast and competent support that leaves no questions unanswered for a commercial product.....hmmm let me think.....well, think harder....you guessed it? - Never. Always amazed by the dedication of guys like you to share your hard work with us always complaining parasites :-)

donation considered, thank you very much!
(2016-10-30, 12:05)xbmosx Wrote: Method 1 worked perfectly!!!

Very nice and powerful little addon you made there. Also when did I last get fast and competent support that leaves no questions unanswered for a commercial product.....hmmm let me think.....well, think harder....you guessed it? - Never. Always amazed by the dedication of guys like you to share your hard work with us always complaining parasites :-)

donation considered, thank you very much!
Thank you Smile. Haha, yes, I know what you mean. You ask support 3 questions, they only answer question 2 in a completly mistaken matter Tongue. Haha..
Unfortunately I have to bother you once more. The plugin throws an error message during import of my playlist. I can see that for about 10% of the videos of the playlist .strm files were created in the Folder. Here is the snippet from the log (debug enabled) when it happens.

Code:
11:56:48 T:140625550767872   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u201e' in position 201: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/castro/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/addon.py", line 147, in <module>
                                                routes.update_playlist(type=type)
                                              File "/home/castro/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/resources/lib/routes.py", line 62, in update_playlist
                                                service.update_playlist(id, type=type)
                                              File "/home/castro/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/resources/lib/service.py", line 221, in update_playlist
                                                if update_playlist_vids(id, folder, settings, type=type) == False:
                                              File "/home/castro/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/resources/lib/service.py", line 376, in update_playlist_vids
                                                musicvideo_info = generators.get_songinfo(vid, settings, duration = duration[vid['contentDetails']['videoId']])
                                              File "/home/castro/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/resources/lib/generators.py", line 360, in get_songinfo
                                                artist, song = get_artist_song(vid_title, vid_description, 'artist', settings, vid)
                                              File "/home/castro/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/resources/lib/generators.py", line 562, in get_artist_song
                                                artist, song = find_artist_song_description(vid_description)
                                              File "/home/castro/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/resources/lib/generators.py", line 594, in find_artist_song_description
                                                dev.log('find_artist_song_desription() 5th: Found Artist - Song: '+str(m.group(3)).encode('utf-8')+' - '+str(m.group(6)).encode('utf-8'))
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u201e' in position 201: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
11:56:48 T:140628397275520   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogNotification.xml) ------
11:56:48 T:140625550767872    INFO: Python script stopped

Anything on my side I can do to fix this?

Thanks again for your help!

EDIT: Was able to work around the issue for now by deleting the video with the "bad" character from the playlist.

EDIT 2: Does the plugin somehow handle deletions of library entries/.strm files if a video gets deleted from a YT playlist?
(2016-10-30, 11:37)Sleuteltje Wrote: Method 1 - Searching for the playlist directly
2) Choose 'Add new playlist as X' (where X is for example TV Show)
3) Paste the url of the playlist in the search bar (which is in the example: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...Ny717Ieg3c)
4) Choose the playlist in question (only one should be visible to choose from)
5) Profit!
Thank you for this. I had previously tried searching by playlist title and ID# without success. Using the URL worked perfectly.
Code:
I still need help with translations to languages i dont speak :). Contact me if you want to help.

(2016-10-30, 13:07)xbmosx Wrote: Unfortunately I have to bother you once more. The plugin throws an error message during import of my playlist. I can see that for about 10% of the videos of the playlist .strm files were created in the Folder. Here is the snippet from the log (debug enabled) when it happens.
Anything on my side I can do to fix this?

Thanks again for your help!

EDIT: Was able to work around the issue for now by deleting the video with the "bad" character from the playlist.

EDIT 2: Does the plugin somehow handle deletions of library entries/.strm files if a video gets deleted from a YT playlist?
Its an encoding error. So i probably didnt account for special chars somewhere. So its something i will fix in the next update Wink. Can you give me the playlist and video in question, so i can use it with debugging?

Your Edit: Yeah, that should work for now.

Your Edit 2: If the plugin comes accross a deleted video in your playlist, it will skip it. If videos already scanned get deleted from youtube, then no, the addon will not delete them from your kodi library. Mainly because it would require the addon to check all your previous videos, and that would require to much power.

pdops Wrote:Thank you for this. I had previously tried searching by playlist title and ID# without success. Using the URL worked perfectly.
No problem, glad it helped Smile.
Community
Lets build a community people!
I would really love it if sharing of playlist ocnfigurations becomes a thing. I think i'll setup a forum @ youtubelibrary.nl to help this along.

In the meantime; I created a Youtube Playlist we can all share. We're gonna start with one community list first. A list where you can add every (must-watch) video you want to share with the rest of YoutubeLibrary users. If this is a success, more lists will follow. I will also build this lists into youtubelibrary by default, so it will be easy for users to make use of these lists.
Here's a link to the first community playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...-tKhmZ-MSF

To be able to add videos to the playlist, you need to click this link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...sv035JXHHQ

This playlist will be meant for the Tv-show library. Pretty much any good video is welcome, but please no music video's (other more appropiate lists will be added for those)

Please pick up this initiative and start creating more lists as a community, I would love it Smile!

Other News
Big thanks to our newest donator Big Grin, who helped us get €0,61 closer to our goal of covering webhost costs! So you can all enjoy this addon and its website for free Smile.

Which brings us at:
Goal: €24,- a year: Reached: €12,44 (51,8%)

I do think paypal takes a huge cut from non-profit donations tho >(. €0,39 from €1,-. Thats 39%.
Does anybody know cheaper donation options, so donations will actually go to this addon?
I was thinking of just using my paypal.me link to pay as friends&family (since that has almost no fees). But that's probably not allowed and stuff...
Author of Youtube Library | youtubelibrary.nl
YTLibrary lets you add yt channels / playlists to the Kodi Library as if it were tv shows, musicvideos or movies

Want to help?
-translations
-your config
-webhost costs (0%)
contact me
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Youtube Library3