[Solved] Artifacts on some 3D ISO videos in 16.0 betas
We were discussing this in the testbuilds thread, but since that's a catch-all thread, I figured a separate and dedicated discussion of it makes more sense since other people are reporting the issue as well.

Problem: Some 3D .iso files display artifacts/distortion at exact, reproducible points. If you run the problematic title through makemkv and output a 3D mvc mkv, there are no video problems.

I have supplied a sample file that shows this and we're waiting to hear back. In the meantime, does anybody have any ideas or theories as to why a remux removes the video playback problems that an .iso has?
Just an update, as of Kodi 17 build #0119, this problem appears to be fixed! All my problem titles and their problem spots are no longer showing issues.

I hadn't updated beta's for a while, so I'm not sure which build included the fix, nor do the release notes in the 17 series seem to obviously point to it, but thanks!

Awesome, awesome work devs! Smile
Ah yes - one of my test samples is called jompjomp_00238.ssif which you supplied.
I've been working with Koying and we've fixed a few issues in recent builds.
Thanks for the sample.
Hi
I did post something similar in generic thread but have just found this so sorry for duplication. Had tried a few test builds a few months back but always had issues (ISOs not playing in 3D or artifacts as reported here). I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a testbulild # that they consider reliable re 3D isos on pi3? Thanks
(2016-04-17, 18:29)drdwridav Wrote: Hi
I did post something similar in generic thread but have just found this so sorry for duplication. Had tried a few test builds a few months back but always had issues (ISOs not playing in 3D or artifacts as reported here). I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a testbulild # that they consider reliable re 3D isos on pi3? Thanks

The latest Milhouse build would be recommended.
(2016-04-17, 18:36)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-04-17, 18:29)drdwridav Wrote: Hi

The latest Milhouse build would be recommended.

Thanks for the quick reply. I will give it a try. I read that dvd playback was currently disabled in latest builds and took that to mean that blu Ray isos would not work either. Obviously mistaken!?!
(2016-04-17, 19:17)drdwridav Wrote: Thanks for the quick reply. I will give it a try. I read that dvd playback was currently disabled in latest builds and took that to mean that blu Ray isos would not work either. Obviously mistaken!?!

Yes, just DVD ISO is disabled - not BluRay ISO which uses different libraries.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved] Artifacts on some 3D ISO videos in 16.0 betas1