Kodi gets minimized to windows desktop bottom taskbar on it's own!
Hello,

I have been noticing on all my Windows 10 computers when leaving Kodi 15.2 running in full screen and turn the monitor off when I turn the monitor back on later at random times Kodi gets minimized to windows desktop bottom taskbar. I also have one computer still running Windows 7 SP1 and Kodi does not ever get minimized on that computer.

Is this a bug in Kodi?

And if is not a bug how can I keep Kodi always running in full screen mode without it being minimized to windows desktop bottom taskbar on it;s own?

Thanks
I have this too and it's annoying.
I actually had the same issue on Windows 7. It took me a while but I happened to catch McAfee running updates resulting in Kodi being minimized.
I suspect it isn't Kodi minimizing on its own but rather an external program running in the background causing the issue.
This happens to me now. No McAfee on my system. See my sig for technical info.

Bart
Kodi 20.2 runs on a Celeron N5095 with 8 GB memory, Windows 11 Pro 22H2.

DVBviewer 7.2.4.0 with DMS 3.2.4.0 | Digital Devices Cine S2 V7 dual DVB-S2 tuner with CI
Windows 10 Pro x64 with all updates | Core i3 CPU, 16 GB memory
The reason why some have this issue can be diverse (configuration, divers, any proces that might ask focus).

I am using win10, running other processes in the background and have not had these issues, but for those of you that want an easy solution i'd say give launcher4kodi a go. It seems to be solving the focus issue quite well and does some other neat tricks,too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi gets minimized to windows desktop bottom taskbar on it's own!0