XML file hierarchy
Question 
I've been reading through the 'Skinning Manual' and it's either not there or I can't see it for looking, but could someone enlighten me on the hierarchy of xml files within the skin structure, please?

Thanks
there is none. they are all in 720p folder.
So it doesn't look for a certain file first and then the next then.... and so on and so on?

For example...
addon.xml
->includes.xml
->defaults.xml
->home/settings/myprograms/etc .xml
(2015-11-04, 19:31)sconly Wrote: I've been reading through the 'Skinning Manual' and it's either not there or I can't see it for looking, but could someone enlighten me on the hierarchy of xml files within the skin structure, please?

Thanks

That really is a good question. When I started last year, I was trying to find the same thing but there's none. I think this is just because windows call each others. I tried to build one myself by clicking everywhere and finally gave up and developped my own window stack management.

But what I can recommend you is to start by

Home.xml

This is what you need of course as the top level window. I recommend you to make it look what you have in mind but not to waste too much time at the beginning because you're going to rewrite it many times (the more skills you have, the more you will want to add and IMO, it's the most complicated one).

Then Home opens library navigation :

All MyXXXNav.xml and non-dialog windows

Start by the ones you mostly use.

Finally dialogs. You can start by the most called like

DialogOK.xml
DialogYesNo.xml
DialogSelect.xml
DialogKeyboard.xml
FileBrowser.xml

Then the others.

You can find windows here :

http://kodi.wiki/view/Window_IDs

In the definition column, all tags containing _DIALOG_ are of course dialogs, the others are plain windows.

For the Includes.xml, variables.xml, they are somehow optionals but you will use them later to code "common" code for multiple windows.

Finally, use a simple skin as base you can modify. Conq is IMO the best one.

Good luck Wink
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XML file hierarchy0