Enclosure for RPi2 & 2 x 3.5" HDD
Hello everyone.

I appreciate that most posts within this section of the forum are mostly related to the technical side of installing Kodi on a Raspberry Pi so please advise me if I need to be posting this elsewhere.

I recently built a Media Player device consisting of 1 x Raspberry Pi2 and 1 x 5TB 3.5" HDD inside the case of an old Hard Drive PVR device. It worked well because it had mounting points for a hard drive, plenty of space for the Raspberry Pi and all of the cables, power supplies etc. This device is currently be used at work where one of my colleagues asked me if I could build one for him.

My issue is that I previously used a disused Hard Drive PVR Case of which I only had one. I need to therefore find a new case, but one that houses 2 x 3.5" HDD as well as the Raspberry Pi and associated required parts (Power Supply, Cables etc).

I am attempting to keep costs to a minimum and I am also trying to keep size to a minimum as well (350mm wide x 250mm deep x 650mm high) however slight differences in size will be expected. (sizes shown are that of the device I have already made).

So far a Mini ITX Case is looking good, but finding one with 2 x 3.5" HDD mounting spots is difficult.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Not a 3.5" HDD but these are now shipping...

Plusberry Pi
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=204350

The cases also fit RPi2's according to Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/PlusberryPi/

RPi case related and cool to boot, print your own with a 3D printer:

http://www.thingiverse.com/glitchpudding...ses/page:1

I did notice those out there in design phase and they look pretty cool. If only they could put 8TB on a 2.5"
The Plusberry Pi is now a real product - mine was delivered last week and my Pi2 is now happily sat in it and working fine.

It's compatible with both Pi1's and Pi2's, it ships set up for a Pi2 but includes a couple of replacement panels if you want to use it with a Pi1 (mainly for the different ports around the HDMI connector area).

I don't yet have a HDD in it as my Pi is fed from my NAS box, but it's something I'm pondering longer term.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
They do certainly look fantastic,

but as I specified, I'm looking for space for 2 x 3.5" HDD's and not a single 2.5" Drive.
Chances are you will need to make a custom solution. I made one from a small dead Sony DVD player body. Little putty to fill the button holes and lines around the door, a little paint, dremel a rectangle out of the back panel for the ports, and a set of motherboard standoffs for the Pi.
It certainly appears that way.

That is the method previously used, but I was hoping for a better, neater and simple alternative.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enclosure for RPi2 & 2 x 3.5" HDD0