add source, done, remote share could not connect to network server.
Hello. New user to Kodi,I have purchased a ott mxq android tv box recently. when i checked the version build kodi was at 14.2 build. It was/is kitkat 4.4.2.
The problem i'm having is all the great content i cant seem to add.
I have gone to add source, entered the http address and relevant info, done etc. and once i have triple checked the details from a yt video, and sometimes a website for that build, i press done again and get this message
Remote share could not connect to network server, then i think it asks would you still like to add source.
despite scouring you tube for this problem for a video guide on how to fix and what it means, i cant find an answer to do with adding source, and this message.
I think i've left the intenet settings as they were at default when box was first plugged in.
i updated kodi to 15.1 isengard last night, after deleting/removing 14.2. and yet problem still persists.

Second problem, may be related, but worth mentioning When selecting install from zip file i get, unable to connect-could not retrieve directory information.

i have had this box from new for about a week, yet cant really enjoy the content as it doesn't want to let me install things, has anyone got an idea what i may be able to do with these network settings, as the wifi is on, you can use the browser in the android part to search google etc, so i know the internet actually works.
sorry post may look quite long, but as there doesnt seem to be anywhere in kodi that i can find where the log errors are, i cant add them here. Thanks in advance, hopefully one of you will have experience of this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
add source, done, remote share could not connect to network server.0