Option to sort videos by movie genres
it would be nice if you could specify the movie genre. currently, if imdb labels the movie with more than one genre, and you use 'genre' to sort your movies, xbmc will repeat the movie in each genre imdb has it categorized as being a part of.
fyi, this have been some what discussed/requested here and here (and already added in cvs?) (though none of those topics contain just one specific requests so yours is better)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
in what view? i didnt think you could sort by genre.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
sorry, i may have my terminology mixed-up. here’s how my menu looks:

view: list
sort by: name
switch view (set to genre)

i’ll give you an example of my problem. let’s take the movie “suspect zero” as the example. imdb places it in several genre categories: thriller, crime, horror and drama, to name a few. therefore, xbmc will put an icon for the movie in each genre folder. what i suggest is you allow us to specify the genre of the movie; that way we don’t have the same movie repeated in several different genre folders.

on second thought…

an easier solution might be to make the first genre that imdb lists the movie as being a part of, the default genre. for example, imdb has the genre’s for suspect zero in the following order: “thriller / crime / horror / drama”. so, the movie would then only be placed in the “thriller” genre.

i hope i explained that well enough.

--adam

sorry but that is the correct and intended operation. the movie should show up in all those genres if that's how its categorized by imdb. the same exact thing holds true for music. if a song is tagged with more than one genre, it appears under each of those genres.

if you dont agree with how imdb is categorizing the movie, then you'll need to manually edit the database.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to sort videos by movie genres0