AVForums product review
Mark Hodgkinson of AVForum tested the VBox TV Gateway with the Kodi add-on on multiple devices

https://www.avforums.com/review/vbox-hom...view.12029
Thanks for pointing out the review. Very Interesting! Buffering issues exactly what i've seen on Kodi android boxes (but also using the vbox apps). I actually gave up on Kodi plug-in and the vbox apps and switched to using the TVs DNLA function and the HD channels stream well using DNLA. The downside is no EPG of course but better that than not being able to watch the tv! Below gives me hope that i may be able to use Kodi PVR functionality soon. I wonder if there are any Kodi devs that could comment on the below?

"To add to the choppy playback, for reasons we’ve been unable to identify, playback through KODI on the Minix was punctuated by severe buffering problems which definitely weren’t down to our network. The X8-H Plus is actually one of VBox’s recommended devices so the behaviour is odd, to say the least, and both manufacturers are investigating this issue for us. So the short story is, the VBox TV Gateway works excellently through KODi, but there could be issues with Android devices, on which you will also need to manually adjust video output to 50Hz.

Update: since publishing, we were provided a beta release of Minix XBMC (manufacturer's tailored version of KODI) and all the issues described above completely vanished so the issue is definitely within mainline KODI; with the new version installed, picture quality via the X8-H Plus rivalled that of the Chromebox. "

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AVForums product review0