Problems with ASS-Subs / Subs in general
Hi there,
I'm using OpenElec 5.0.8 with Kodi 14.2 on a Pi2 a.t.m.

There I have problems with ASS-Subs in mkv-files (Anime-Fansubs).
In general the Subs are shown, but sometimes with a delay, shorter than they should show and some aren't shown at all.

All problems appear at random in one single file. So while one line will show as it should, the next shows 3 tenths late but ends as expected (so it is hardly readable) and another one isn't shown for no apparent reason.
On the other hand it isn't random per file. If I skip back the scene and repeat it, most of the time the same lines aren't shown or are delayed as before. Some will (not) show then, though, or others are delayed. Some lines show longer than they should and replace other lines, that should show right after.

When I play those files on PC (only use MPC-HC there) the subs work fine, so there seems nothing wrong with them.

I just experimented a bit with the subs, exported the ASS with Aegisub into SRT and at least I found the reason, why some lines don't show at the very end. There are subs until the very last second of the video, but everything from the last 10 seconds is cut off. The last line that is shown BEFORE the 10 second mark stays until the video stops. - while the timer of the file stops 5 seconds before the real end aswell. So runtime is 23:39, last sub is from 23:28, last shown time until end is 23:35.
Didn't try with the subs during the video, if they still delay/skip, or if this is an ASS-only problem.

Is there any known solution to that problem or do I simply have to live with, that the videos don't finish properly? And as the subs are usually styled, I'd like to avoid converting all of them to SRT just to make sure everything is shown correctly.

Thanks for replies...
Photo
OE 6 is out. I'd suggest you update and see if the issue is still present.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with ASS-Subs / Subs in general0